Chapter 21- 7 Days till Attack

(Picture of Joshua to the side: Marlon Teixeira)

Ayden Red's POV

I walked into the pack house as soon as I finished talking to Charlotte. I knew something was wrong with her. I could sense it, but when I looked into her eyes that weren’t sparkling like they normally do, I knew something must have been bad.

I didn’t mention in front of all the she-wolves because I was hoping I could talk to her later when we are alone. I really want to do something special for her; I just don’t know what yet. I walked into my office without knocking, like I always do.

"Where were you last night?" Joshua questioned as soon as I walked in.

"Busy," I snapped. Joshua gets on my nerves so much, he disrespects too often and I am so close to snapping at him. He thinks that just because he is my Beta he is better than the rest of my pack members, but he is wrong, I can still dispose of him.

"Please tell me you didn’t waste your time with that whore?" he spits.

"Don't call her that!" I growl at him. Before I know it, I jump over the table he is stood behind and wrap my hand round his neck, cutting off his air supply.

"Sh-She i-is," He chocked out.

I let out a ferocious growl as I slammed his head against the wall behind him, knocking him out cold. A hit like that may kill a human but not a wolf; he will wake in a couple of hours.

I sat down at my desk and began to figure out my defence plan. Since Midnight Moon is attacking us for the first time, we need to scrap our attack plan and create a new plan. We need some of our best fighters on the front line but also some weaker distractions.

I know its selfish to put weaker fighters out there to die but it’s what I am known for. If we mix the weaker with the strong then the weak will become a distraction as the more advance fighters kill.

I also need to strengthen up some of the pups. Not the ones that haven't shifted or the ones that just have, but the pups that are ready to fight, but are too weak. For the next two days I will start off small, only adding an extra hour onto normal training times. In three days’ time I will up the training to six days a week for three to four hours instead of the regular 4 days a week at only one or two hours.

If we do it right, we should have the strongest wolves in the battle, enough to take down the pack and hopefully kill Joseph Midnight.

*

I have been working hard for over two hours now, I have almost completed half the battle plan and organised most of the pack training.

I heard a loud groan from the ground and I automatically knew Joshua was now waking up and I would have to talk to him about crossing the line. I know he dislikes my mate and I can’t force him to change his mind but he will respect her, she is of greater power than he.