Chapter 16- 8 Days till Attack

Charlotte Midnight's POV

I walked downstairs to the first place I knew I would find someone. To see Ms Parkston in the kitchen. I walked into the kitchen; the smell of garlic filled the air.

"Mmm, what you cooking Ms Parkston?" I questioned as I shut my eyes to breathe in the smell.

"Garlic pizza bread for the pack lunch," she smiled at me.

"Special occasion?" I asked curiously.

"Well it's a beautiful day outside, why not?" she laughed as she opened the oven to check on the food.

I joined in with her laughter, all though it wasn't funny, it was just a nice thing to do, "do you know where Georgia is?" I asked politely.

"I think she is in the office," she smiled, "that or she is in her room; room A6, top floor."

"Thanks Ms Parkston can't wait to try your garlic pizza," I offered her a smile.

She smiled back and nodded.

I walked over to the office which Ayden had showed me earlier. I idly wondered what Ayden was doing; I wonder if he was thinking about me. After taking only 3 wrong turns, I finally found myself facing the large office door that read:

High Ranking Office

High Ranking Pack Members Only

Trepidation ran through my veins as I timidly lifted my hand to the surface on the door. I doubtfully knocked on the solid, wooden surface. I hoped that luck was on my side and that Ayden wasn't on the other side of this door.

The door swung open and a large chest was at my eye level. I looked up and saw that Joshua, Ayden's Beta, was glaring down at me.

"Umm, hi," I whispered. I licked my dry lips as I stared nervously into his eyes.

"Hello," he said sweetly with a smile on his face, however, the smile soon faded into a scowl, "Luna," he spat.

I stepped away from him quickly, afraid of what he could do. I truly was afraid of Joshua, he was just like Ayden; ruthless, angry, dangerous and power hungry.

"I-is Georgia in here?" I stuttered. He smirked knowingly.

"She isn't, sorry, Luna," he spat out again.

"O-okay, I will just be going to her r-room now," I said before hastily turning around. I couldn't even take one step because Joshua's hand wrapped around my forearm, stopping me. I turned around to face him; my eyes were wide in fear.

"Stay safe, Luna," he laughed bitterly. I promptly pulled my arm away from his tight grip and swiftly walked away.

After I was far enough away for comfort, I stopped and let out a breath. I swallowed a lump in my throat before continuing to try and find Georgia.

*

I made my way to the top floor of the pack house as I curiously wondered around. I haven't been up here many times so it still looked new to me. As I walked around I found myself facing door A5. I wasn't sure if this was the room Ms Parkston has told me to go to because my mind sort of went blank after my run in with Joshua.

My hand shook as I lifted it to knock on the door. I was still scared from what happened earlier, what Joshua said had sounded almost like a threat.