Chapter 7

Charlotte Midnight

I woke up with the day light shinning into my eyes. I yawned as I sat up and stretched. I looked around at my surroundings to find I was still on the floor outside Ayden's house, I guess I must have slept here last night.

I stood up and decided to walk to the pack house to freshen up, I am sure I had dirt and twigs all in my hair. As I approached the pack house, I saw Mackenzie playing outside by herself, it must be too early for the other kids to come out and play.

"Hey Mackenzie," I smiled at her. She looked at me and gasped before bursting out laughing.

"What happened to you Charlie?" she said in her childish voice, I guess I really do look like trash.

"I camped outside last night," I laughed, "do you know any place I could have a shower?"

"You can come to my room, my daddy is away so its just me at home," she smiled. I smiled back at her as I followed her through the pack house. I was really curious as to where her parents were. But I wont ask because you know what they say, Curiosity killed the cat.

'Satisfaction brought it back' my wolf, Aria, butted in. I inwardly laughed at her stupidity.

After walking up a couple flights of stairs and many corridors, I finally came to Mackenzie's room, which seemed to be at the very end of a hallway, away from everyone else.

After I finished showering, she leant me some of her mothers clothes, which were surprisingly in style, and let me use her hairbrush to do my hair.

"So where are your parents?" I asked Mackenzie. I felt like smacking my wolf because I know for a fact she made me say that.

"My mommy died a long time ago and my daddy went on an adventure, everyone says he committed suicide but I don't know what that means, but I hope he is having fun with it!" she exclaimed. I gave her a sympathetic smile, why do bad things have to happen to good kids.

I probably should have told her what it meant but if she believed he was on an adventure, then its better to think that then know the truth.

"Shall we go downstairs now?" I asked, trying to change the subject. She nodded and began skipping down the hallway, I laughed and followed her.

*

After me and Mackenzie had finished cooking and eating breakfast, a familiar person walked in.

"Mackenzie, would you like to play in the garden while I talk to Georgia?" I asked and she nodded before jumping out of the seat and skipping out the door. I turned to Georgia and smiled, "Hi."

"Hello Charlotte," she said and smiled. She began pouring herself a cup of coffee.

"Do you have access to the pack prison?" I asked getting straight to the point.

"Yes," she said but it came out more like a question.

"Can you take me down there?" I asked nicely.

"I don't know if the Alpha would let me," she said cautiously. She began taking small sips of her coffee but she kept her eyes on me.

"But aren't I Alpha Female? Therefor you should do what I say," I smiled, I knew I had won because she sighed and nodded. Pack members also do what ever possibly to please their Luna, it must be out of loyalty.

She put her empty cup down and motioned her hand to follow her. We walked out the pack house and around the side of it until we came to another building that I didn't even know existed. We approached a large door and Georgia put all types of passwords, finger scans and eye scans before we could get in the door.