Chapter 25- 6 Days till Attack

Charlotte Midnight's POV

I sat in the front garden of the pack house, watching the children run around and enjoy themselves. The thought about my little future running around with them made my eyes prickle with tears. I wouldn’t let many people know this, but I was happy having Ayden’s children, even at this age.

I was glad I managed to get to Luca's birthday party in time; I thought I might miss it because I was so caught up at the hospital. It turned out that there were many procedures to go through and many things I couldn’t do or couldn’t eat.

I don’t think I can go 4 months without some cheese and ham.

I leaned back into the arms of my mate. He was sat behind me and I was sat in between his legs, his arms were around my waist as his hands circled around my stomach. I leaned my head back on his chest and looked up at him.

"Hey, hey," he whispered as he lifted his hand up to my cheek, "Why are you crying?"

Instead of replying to him, I simply rested my hands on his that were covering my stomach and smiled up at him.

He nuzzled his head into my neck and spoke softly, "Are you happy?"

"Very," I cooed as I bathed in his warmth and love.

"I love you, Charlotte," he smiled down at me, "I know you said you could never love a man like me, but I swear to the goddess, I love you so much."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "When did I say that?"

"When I locked--" he suddenly stopped and gasped, "never mind."

"Please tell me, Ayden, I want to know these things," I said as I twisted my body round slightly so I could see him easier.

"It doesn’t really matter right now, what matters at the moment is our baby, Luca's birthday and Carter," Ayden said and kissed my forehead.

I gasped and sat up fully, "I forgot all about Carter! I am the worst Luna ever," I held my head down low in shame, "What's been going on with trying to find him?" I asked as I crossed my legs, sitting in front of Ayden.

"We have half the men out looking while the other half rest and do rounds and they swap over every five hours, I have heard from another Alpha that they saw Joshua run around their land. They questioned me about it because they thought he was still the Beta and the packs Alpha though we were planning to attack," Ayden informed me. I almost thanked him for including me in the packs business but I didn’t think it was the right time to mention it.

"Okay, is there anything I can do to help? I could go out for a run and help-" I began but I was cut off by a growl.

"You can help by staying at home or with me so I don’t have to worry about you," he said with a slight growl, "My wolf is on edge knowing that you are now carrying my pup."