Chapter 4

Charlotte Midnight

"CHARLOTTE WHY DO YOU SMELL LIKE CARTER?" Ayden growled as he burst into the room. His eyes were a dark shade blue, almost black; his jaw was clenched shut; and his hands formed tight fists at his side. He truly did look like the terrifying, ruthless Alpha he is known to be.

I noticed I was still grabbing onto Carter's arm and I dropped his arm immediately. Ayden looked down at our hands and growled when he realised I was previously holding on to him. I whimpered slightly at his loud growl that echoed through the room. Carter's and Ayden's eyes softened when they heard me whimper but they still held their ground.

"We were just talking, I swear!" I tried to cover up. I don't know why but I felt like I had to explain myself to Ayden, even though we weren't technically together, I felt the need to explain I am a faithful mate.

"Charlotte and I were about to go outside for some fresh air, since I am her guard," Carter said, ignoring me and Ayden's question but answering to why I was holding his arm.

"You're not her guard any more," Ayden snarled. He started to walk over to me but I stepped back and put my hands up, telling him to stop walking.

"What do you mean he's not my guard? Does that mean I don't have one?" I asked.

"No, Vince or my Delta will be your guard," he seethed, trying to stay calm.

"No! Vince scares me," I confessed, "I want Carter to stay my guard, he is nice and friendly."

Ayden growled and looked like he was deep in thought, or he was having a discussion with his wolf.

"Fine, Carter will stay your guard," he hissed, "Carter you're dismissed."

Carter waved goodbye to me before walking to the balcony and jumping off. I gasped and I was about to see if he made it to the ground alright and that he wasn't hurt, just as I turned around to look, Ayden grabbed my wrist and pulled me into him. He removed his hands from my wrist and pulled me into a hug. He pushed his head in between my neck and shoulder, breathing in my scent and also blowing his scent on to me, probably trying to mask the smell of Carter.

"Charlie would you like to meet my pack?" Ayden asked after a fair time of hugging. I was a little unsure whether or not I wanted to meet the pack members, I feel like I still belong to my old pack but if I get introduced to them, it pretty much confirms I have moved packs, "Don't worry Charlotte, they will love you," Ayden continued. I didn't even think about that, what if they don't like me? What if they want someone else as Luna? I didn't even think about becoming a Luna.

I didn't trust myself to talk because if I did I would probably blurt out all the things I was thinking. I have been known to have verbal diarrhoea when I am in stressful situations, which is not good when trying to keep a secret. I just nodded my head and looked up at my mate.

"Good," he smiled, "We can have a pack barbeque tomorrow, around lunch time," he said. Tomorrow is the Friday I was meant to organise dinner for my pack, I was really excited to do it but I guess I wont be able to do that anymore.

"Okay," I said but it came out more of a whisper, "can we go out?" I asked politely and a little bit louder.

"Where do you want to go, sweetheart?" Ayden asked. He seemed to be showing me he was a lot nicer then what I have been told about him, I like this kind side of him. I noticed his eyes had changed back to his normal shade of blue, maybe even a little bit lighter.

"Just for a walk around the land," I smiled.

"I don't know," he said cautiously, like he was thinking it over in his head.