Chapter 5

Charlotte Midnight

I was sat in what is called the games room in the pack house with Carter, Evil Chucky and a couple of other guys. Some of the people in the room were playing on the games or just chatting to each other but some were sat round me listening to me.

"I honestly don't see how you could be Alpha Red's mate, your so nice and fun, more innocent then him," One of the guys said, I learnt his name is Logan, I smiled at him taking what he said as a compliment, "Alpha Red is cruel and doesn't have any fun."

"I know! He can be such an ass some times, like, I haven't even known him for a day and he has still had enough time to yell at me, such a dickhead," I complained and everyone laughed. A second after everyone started laughing they all suddenly stopped, their eyes widened.

"Charlotte," warned a familiar voice from behind me, I mouthed a curse word to the people in front of me and they all smiled or laughed, I turned around and smiled innocently at Ayden.

"Hey Ayden, did you finish with your work already?" I asked in a sweet voice like nothing happened. The guys that were now behind me since I was facing Ayden chuckled and I flipped them off behind my back as a joke.

"Were leaving," Ayden stated with a straight face.

"Can't I just stay a little longer? I haven't managed to talk to everyone yet."

"Now," he snapped. I sighed and got off the couch, I waved good bye to everyone and walked out next to Ayden.

"So now you're not only trying to run away from me and hate me but your also trying to humiliate me in front of my pack," Ayden hissed, grabbing my arm and dragging me down the hallway since I wasn't walking fast enough.

*

I woke up to the sound of birds tweeting outside my window. It was really nice and relaxing, not annoying at all. I looked at the alarm clock that read 8:34am.

I pulled of the blankets that had kept me warm last night and stepped out of the king size bed. I walked to the closet and pulled out some clothes to wear today. I wanted to make sure they were decent clothes since I was being introduced to the pack today. I didn't want to look desperate, slutty, over done or not put any effort in so it was actually quite difficult. Since it was just a slightly more than casual barbeque, I decided to wear something simple but elegant. I am so glad that Ayden had stocked half his closet with women's clothes, he said he put them their just in case he found his mate but I'm not so sure.

Once I picked out my outfit which was a floral maxi skirt and a plain white singlet, I brought my clothes into the bathroom and stripped out of Ayden's sweat pants and t-shirt that he leant me last night. After I had my shower, got dressed, brushed my teeth and hair, I slowly walked downstairs. I saw Ayden lying asleep on the couch, last night it took me an hour to make him sleep on the couch, he kept insisting he should sleep next to me.

I slowly crept past him and made my way to the door. Ayden said I wasn't allowed out today because of all the things that happened yesterday, that's why I had to sneak past without him waking up.

Once I had successfully opened and closed the front door without him realising, I made a run for it. I wasn't planning on running away, I was actually running towards the pack house. I had gotten along with everyone so well yesterday, I actually liked the people here. All my old pack members said everyone here was awful, but I think its just Ayden that's mean.

Once the pack house was in sight, I walked instead of running. There were more children playing outside today then there were yesterday, maybe because its nice and sunny today. As I was walking towards the house, I saw a little girl, around the age of 4, fall over on the stairs. She started crying and it didn't look like anyone was coming over to help her.