Chapter 6

Charlotte Midnight

As soon as all the men ran off, the pack she-wolves just sat down and continued chatting or looking after their children. They are acting like these things always happen! And I know they don't because my old pack never send out pack spies anymore because they always get killed, there shouldn't even be any here right now. What the hell is my father doing?

I sighed and sat down on my seat, I still had Mackenzie in my arms so I sat her on my lap.

"So Mackenzie, what shall we d--" I begun but got cut off.

"Luna," someone cleared their throat, I looked next to me and saw a familiar looking girl standing there. She had copper hair, blue eyes and she did look very beautiful. I know I have met her before but I cant figure out were or when, "you may not remember me Luna, my name is Georgia Hartley, Pack Warrior."

I gasped slightly, now I remember were I know her from, she was the she-wolf that attacked me on my old land yesterday before the battle. I stood up from the chair and stepped back, putting distance in between us. I wasn't scared of her, it was just because I had a child in my hands and I was trying to protect her.

"Luna," she began again, "I wanted to apologise for what happened back on Midnight Moon land, I hope we can have a fresh start and get to know each other."

Normally I would forgive people without giving it a second thought, but she did get her men to attack me, well technically it was Ayden's men so I should be mad at him.

"Apology accepted," I smiled at her, she smiled back at me, "It was nice talking, and thankyou for apologising but I think I am going to head home now, I am starting to get a headache."

"Okay Luna, is there anything I can get for you? Water? Tablets? Ice pack?" she questioned and I shook my head.

"I just need some rest, but thankyou for asking," I said before putting Mackenzie down and telling her to play with some of the other little girls, "Oh and Georgia, just call me Charlotte."

*

It was 12:30am. I had already took a nap, woken up, had a shower and cooked dinner for myself. I was now watching the TV Ayden had in his lounge room.

He still wasn't home.

I was beginning to get a little worried and my wolf was on edge. What if he had been killed?

I began to freak out a little more and my heart raced. What if I never see him again? I never even showed him how much I truly loved him, we never mated, we never started a family and grew old together.

I was about to run to the pack house to demand information until I smelt the beautiful smell that is my mate. The thing that worried me is that I didn't just smell him, I also smelt blood.

I jumped off the couch and ran out of the house. I ran into his arms, ignoring the blood that covered him. We stood there and hugged for minutes, not one of us saying a word, not one of us moving away.

"Why are you back so late?" I mumbled into his shoulder.

"I had business to take care of," he mumbled into mine.

"Why are you covered in blood? Are you okay?" I asked worriedly as I pulled out of the hug. My eyes roamed around his body, checking for any sign of injury.

"Don't worry, its not mine," he said with a smirk on his face. I knew what that meant, it's a Midnight Moon pack members blood.

"I told you not to hurt anyone," I scolded. I was really angry he hurt them when I said not to, I thought I was meant to be Luna and we decided things together, plus they are my old pack members.