A Father's Mistake (Part 2)

Charlotte's POV

"M-my what?" I stuttered. There was no way this was possible. My father was a loving family man, he was the kindest man I knew.

"Don't believe them Lotte," my father told me, using that childish name, as he softly looked into my eyes.

I looked over to Ayden, I looked at him to see if he was lying. When I looked into my mates eyes I knew my father was a guilty man. It is incredibly hard for mates to lie to each other, even though my mate had done it to me many times before, I knew this wasn't one of those times.

"Dad," I sighed with a hint of disgust in my voice.

"How could you believe him, Charlotte. After everything he has done to you!" My father snapped. 

"I never said I believed him, dad, but I do believe my best friend that had been captured for over eight months! Derek," I turned my attention to my brother as he popped his head in the door, "call Jace and inform him what happened, get men from any pack to bring dad to the pack prison for further question, get him out of this room now."

I turned my eyes away from my father as he struggled against the men who were trying to drag him out of the room. I looked down towards Carter and took in his injuries. They weren't as bad as I had expected, but it still hurt to look at him this way.

"I'm so sorry, Carter," I said and kneeled in front of his bed, taking his hands into mine.

Carter's once hard eyes turned soft as he now looked down at me from his bed, "I'm fine now, that's all that matters, right?" he small smile brought tears to my eyes as I saw how much pain he was in.

"I'm so happy to have you back home," I cried as I moved my hands from his own and wrapped them around his neck, embracing him in a one sided hug. His groan of pain made me immediately release my grip and sit back. Carter looked to the corner of the room and chuckled lightly. When my eyes followed his, I was met with the pitch black eyes of Ayden staring at the two of us.

"He misses you way too much, it's getting funny how much he has talked about you since I got back," Carter smirked up at Ayden before turning back to me, "I have only been here for about a day."

"Well, I missed the both of you as well," I confessed not taking my eyes off of Carter.

Carter and I spent quite a while catching up after that with Ayden commenting every now and then. It felt like it was coming back to old times with Carter and I. It was clear he was still hurt badly, which is understandable, he had been tortured by my father for months.

After a while, Carter looked really tired so Ayden and I left his room so he could sleep.

It was now just Ayden and I stood in the hallway of the hospital-like area. It's been months without each other and now it's just silence. How awkward.

"Well- I should leave," I stated looking up at him, hoping he would stop me.

"Charlotte- don't," he begged, "please just stay and talk.

"Okay," I finally agreed before taking a seat just outside Carter's room.

"How have you been?" he asked gently.

"Good," I lied, "yourself?"

"A mess."

"Me too," I sighed.

"I'm so sorry, I'm sorry for hurting you, I'm sorry for lying to you, I'm sorry for losing our baby," he whimpered, "I'm sorry for everything."

"I'm sorry for leaving you," I whispered, I placed my hand on top of his, "that was a mistake."

"Can we just start this all over again?" he begged, squeezing my hand gently.

"No," I said bluntly. I watched as his face fell in disappointment; heartbreak all over again, "but I would like to try for us again, I just can't forget about everything that has happened. We need to face our mistakes and our faults and move on."

"I agree," he grinned, "so to confirm, you're agreeing with me? That we should get back together?"

"Yes- but slowly! I don't want to rush everything again and end up getting knocked up straight away again," I laughed.

"I fully agree, I promise we won't rush things again."

Little did I know at that point that it was going to be the exact opposite of taking things slow.

"What are you going to do about your father?" he asked.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that? You are the Alpha after all," I joked.

"But you are my Luna, you always have been, and you are my equal, I realise that now. I truly am nothing without you."

"You've changed a lot," I responded, "In a very good way."

"Well let's just say it took losing you and my baby to realise I'm not the man I should be."

"I wish it didn't take all that."

"Me too," he repeated my saddened words from earlier. He paused, "so what do you want to do with your father?"

"I want him to be put to death, torture him until he tells us who helped him and kill them too, I need justice, we all do."

So that's what we did.

On a less dark side, Ayden ended knocking me up a few months later like he promised he wouldn't and well, the rest of that is just happy families.

Sorry it's really short and three years after I said it would be published, my bad.