Chapter 2

Charlotte Midnight

We stared into each others eyes for what felt like eternity. I have no clue of what is names is but I know I already love him, in a way.

I saw a low grade fighter wolf from my pack launch himself at my mate. I quickly aimed my bow and arrow and shot him. I just shot my own pack member to save someone I just met. What is wrong with me?

'He isn't just someone, he is our mate!' My wolf cried out to me.

I aimed my bow again but this time to shoot a Red Blood pack member but stopped when I heard a growl from below me, below the tree I was sat in.

I looked down and saw my black and orange mate glaring at me. I put my bow down and looked at his penetrating gaze. He jumped up the tree and climbed onto the branch I was sat on. His eyes still gazing into mine, I lifted up my hand and patted his muzzle. His eyes shut in ecstasy and leaned into my touch. Sparks flew all around my body causing me to forget all about the war taking place below us.

I looked down and saw all Red Blood pack wolves retreating. My pack members howled in victory and returned pack to the pack house. I stayed in my place, just petting my mate softly.

After a couple of minutes of sitting in silence, my beautiful mate changed into his human form. There, sat in front of me was my naked, extremely hot and muscly mate. He had dark brown hair and deep blue eyes. His eight pack was on display for me to see and he had a beautiful smile covering his face.

"I finally found you sweetheart," he whispered, caressing my face. A smile wiped across my face and bliss took over. This is the best moment of my life, "you're mine," he exclaimed with a growl that had so much power that it made me jump back and gasp.

"I'm sorry," he said moving closer to me without falling out the tree, "what's your name sweetheart?"

"Charlotte Midnight."

"As in the daughter of Joseph Midnight?" he growled. I nodded my head cautiously which caused him to growl even louder with more power then ever. His growl made me jump and fall out of the tree we were in. I squeezed my eyes shut as I waited for the hard impact of the ground but it never came. Instead I felt myself fall into a warm and hard chest, sparks flew and I knew exactly who it was.

"I'm Ayden Red, Alpha of Red Blood," my mate said proudly.

"A-Alpha Red?" I questioned. Why did I stutter? Ugh I'm an idiot!

"Yes sweetheart, come on, lets go back to my land," he said and started walking south, with me in his arms, still naked, away from my land. I tried to get out of his arms but he kept his grip tight. I really didn't want to go to Red Blood land, especially with the ruthless Alpha.

'He is our mate, he wouldn't hurt us,' my wolf practically shouted at me.

'how would you know? He is the ruthless Alpha Red that is trying to kill my whole family!' I snapped in reply to my wolf.

'Well even though I haven't spoken to his wolf yet, I can already tell that he is sweet and caring deep down, I'm sure he love us as much as I love them, and-' my wolf kept saying more things but I blocked her out. She can get really annoying sometimes.

"STOP STRUGGLING!" Ayden snapped at me. My eyes widened at his tone of voice and I did indeed stop struggling.

We finally crossed the border between our land. This is the first time I have ever been in Red Blood land and it gave me the shivers.

"Are you okay?" my mate asked with concern, "I didn't mean to scare you, I'm sorry."

"Um, its not that its just," I began but then looked down and shock my head, "its nothing."