Chapter 15- 8 Days till Attack

Charlotte Midnight's POV

I woke up to the beautiful smell of cooking bacon. Is there anything better? I lifted my head off the plush pillow and looked around the room. I'll be the first to confess, it wasn’t the place I was thinking I would wake up in. I honestly had no clue where I was.

Unfortunately, I pulled myself out of the comfortable bed sheets before my feet touched the fluffy rug. I looked down and noticed I was still in my pyjamas from yesterday. I thanked the moon goddess that I was still in clothes and nobody had taken them off.

I followed the smell of bacon; out of the bedroom, down the hallway and into a large kitchen/dinner. A recognisable young man had his back to me as he cooked away, only wearing socks and boxers.

"Carter?" I questioned. Carter turned around from the stove and smiled at me. He turned back to the stove and flipped some bacon over before talking.

"I didn’t think you would be up so soon, you came to my place sort of late last night," he said rather awkwardly as he walked around the kitchen, collecting some toast out of the toaster and putting it on a chopping board, "I was going to make you some breakfast in bed."

"umm thanks," I laughed and sat down on a stool that was tucked under the breakfast bar in the kitchen. I tucked a stray piece of hair behind my ear as I smiled up at Carter.

"Here you go," Carter said a few minutes later as he served me up some bacon, eggs, hash browns and toast. He got a plate for himself and sat down next to me. I picked at my food since I wasn’t feeling that hungry again.

The silence of the room gave me some time to think about last night, about Ayden.

"I didn’t want you there, Charlotte! Never fucking do."

My heart broke into a million pieces just thinking about it again. A shiver ran down my spine, not in a good way. I put my knife and fork down, giving up on my food. Carter looked away from his food for the first time and looked towards me, raising an eyebrow.

"It was nice but I'm not really that hungry," I murmured, avoiding eye contact with him.

"You didn’t even touch your toast or hash brown," he said concerned, you could tell he was worried about me just by his eyes, "not to mention you ate 2 bits of bacon and half an egg."

"Like I said, I'm not hungry," I snapped quietly.

"Charlotte," he said putting his hand on top of mine, "Please tell me what happened last night, I'm worried about you."

"It's nothing," I snapped again, but this time louder. I moved my hand from under his and stood up. I looked into his eyes and it looked like he was going to break, he looked so worried and scared for me. I couldn’t deal with his looks anymore, I just had to leave.

"I don’t want to talk about it," I whispered. I walked towards the hallway, where I had previously come from, "Please don’t worry about me," I said before walking back to the room I was in when I woke up.