Chapter 24- 6 Days till Attack

Charlotte Midnight's POV

I woke up when I heard the shower start. I sat up and as soon as I did I felt the soreness between my legs.

I contemplated going to join Ayden in the shower, but I knew that if I did, we would be in there for a while. He needs to get work done otherwise the pack will not last in the upcoming attack.

The thought of what will be happening in less than a week makes me sick. My old pack, full of my family and friends, will be attacking my new pack, the one I am meant to protect. My new pack are all like family to me anyway; because I'm the Luna, I have gotten a sudden need to protect them.

I don’t want anyone to get hurt in this fight; I just don’t want the fight to happen at all.

I thought that talking to my dad yesterday might have convinced him not to attack anymore but I guess I was wrong. I just don’t see my father’s reason for fighting. He knows that I am okay; I just wish that I knew what he was talking about.

"You will not call that monster your mate! He hurts you and I will not allow you to go back to him!"

"Austin told me what he did to you and I will not let him harm my only daughter."

Why did my father say those things? I really need to talk to Ayden and find out, or maybe someone else will tell me. Austin could tell me since he told my dad, but how would I get to talk to Austin?

Carter could tell me. I know Carter knows something and I know he told me to ask Ayden about it; I just wouldn’t know how to approach the subject.

I heard the shower turn off and the bathroom door open. I looked up and saw Ayden walk out in his full glory. I almost melted at the sight of my naked mate. He smirked; knowing the affect he has on me.

Ayden walked over to the bed and sat down next to me, wrapping his arm around my waist at the same time. He kissed my cheek, "why didn’t you join me?" he whispered in my ear.

"You have a lot of work to do today and I didn’t want to use up your time," I giggled as he bit down on my ear slightly.

Ayden began kissing down my jaw and just before he kissed my lips, I stopped him. I shot out of bed and ran into the bathroom; just making it in time. I knelt down next to the toilet bowl I threw up everything that I ate yesterday.

Within seconds, Ayden was by my side; holding my hair back and soothingly running his hand up and down my bare back.

Once I finished, I shooed Ayden out of the bathroom so I could clean myself up. I washed my hands and my face before I brushed my teeth. After I felt the slightest part refreshed, I wrapped my naked body in a towel and walked out the bathroom, hoping Ayden hadn't left yet.

"Are you okay, Charlotte?" Ayden questioned as soon as I walked out. Before I could even process a thought, Ayden wrapped his arms around me in a tight embrace.