Chapter 23- 7 Days till Attack

Rosaline Midnight's POV (Charlotte's Mother)

I sat on Charlotte's bed, just thinking about the day that she would return home. I would spoil that girl rotten, just to make up for the torture she has been put through.

I shut my eyes as I remembered the times we shared together. My only daughter.

"Mom," Jase, my eldest son ran into the room, "Dad just got back, he talked to Charlotte."

I dropped my thoughts and ran out of the room faster than anything. If Joseph talked to Charlotte then surly there would be a chance that I could talk to her as well. I ran into his office and saw him sat down at his desk, as usual.

"Charlotte!" I exclaimed, "Where is she?"

"She was just inside of our pack border with the Red Blood pack, she was--" he told me but I cut him off. That’s all I needed to know.

I was just about to run out of the room to try and find her but Joe stopped me, "Rose, don't."

"Why?" I complained, "I need to see my baby."

"She went back to her new pack, she went back to her god-awful mate," Joseph scowled. I knew how much Joseph absolutely hated Alpha Red so it was wise to not bring up the topic of him.

"You didn’t bring her back with you?" I questioned. My heart felt like it was going to shatter all over again.

"She didn’t want to, love. She wanted to go back to her mate. I tried to force her to come back with me, but some of her pack members showed up and took her back," Joseph said, anger laced his voice.

"I-is she h-happy?" I stuttered but then composed myself, "Is she happy with her mate?"

"I do believe she is, they have fully mated, so I suppose he is doing something right," Joe shook his head, as if he didn’t believe it himself.

"Grand children!" I exclaimed. I clapped my hands together as a smile graced my face.

"I didn't even think about that," Joseph frowned. He looked deep in thought before he remembered something, "She promised she would visit."

"Do you honestly think her mate will let her leave their territory?" I asked honestly. I really wanted to see my daughter but I didn’t want to get my hopes up just for them to shatter.

"If he loves her, then yes. She is a strong girl, Rose. She will manage to get her way; you should have seen her commanding her pack. Like mother, like daughter," he chuckled and I blushed. I was always very commanding when it came to my pack, they always did what I said as well.

"I can’t wait to see her soon," I smiled.

After a few minutes of a peaceful silence between the two of us, I spoke up, "does this mean you will call off the attack?"