My Last Christmas {Christmas Special}

*This occured around 6 months BEFORE they met. This is not part of the story and you don't have to read it.*

Charlotte Midnight's POV

For some, Christmas is the happiest time of the year; for others it's the worst. Christmas is a time for giving and unselfish acts. It's a well-known fact that you receive more pleasure out of buying things for others then yourself, that's how I feel at Christmas.

It's Christmas Eve and I am currently waiting in the queue at Macy's. Macy's was pack today, you could barely walk around without being pushed over; most of the stock on the shelves were gone; and the queue was occupied by almost 50 people at a time. It was manic.

I waited in line with my friend, Stacy. I was always the type of person that plans ahead, so I got all my presents at the end of November, but Stacy on the other hand, did all her shopping today.

"So what did you get Andrew?" She questioned and nudged my arm with her elbow.

"You'll have to wait and see," I smirked.

Andrew was my current boyfriend. We haven't been dating long, only a couple of months but I don't think we will last long either. To be honest, I only started dating Andrew because my ex-boyfriend broke up with me. Andrew is kind of my rebound guy and everyone knows it.

"I bet it was something so cheesy and so romantic it will make half the pack throw up," she laughed. She laughed really loud actually. Half the queue stopped and looked at her.

"It's nothing romantic really," I shrugged.

"Then tell me!"

"Fine!" I groaned, "It's just a small teddy bear but its wearing a gold watch and a silver dog chain."

Stacy just stuck her finger in her mouth and began making gagging noises. Many people around the store and even some staff began to give her weird looks. I slapped her hand away from her mouth and laughed lightly. It was the kind of laugh you force in awkward situations.

"You are so embarrassing!" I scolded her.

"Yeah yeah, at least I didn't pee my pants in the middle of class in fifth grade," She laughed.

"That was almost eight years ago," I snapped through gritted teeth.

"Yeah and it's still funny to this day!" She giggled.

"Fuck off," I snapped at her. The lady in front of me turned around and glared at me whilst she covered her young child's ears, "sorry," I mumbled.

This just made Stacy laugh even more... I can't wait for today to be over.

*

"GET OUT OF BED LITTLE SISTER! IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME!" Someone shouted in my ear.

I shot out of bed in shock, I looked around my room and all I saw was my older brother, Derek laughing his head off.

"Not funny, ass face," I mumbled before a lied back down on my bed.

"No no no no no no you don't!" he exclaimed as he pulled my covers off the bed and lifted me out of it. He threw my over his shoulder and began to run out the room.

"DEREK PUT ME DOWN!" I shouted.

"Never, Christmas Grinch!" he laughed as he carried me down the stairs.

"I'm not a Christmas Grinch!" I growled, "I'm a tired teenage girl."

"Same thing," he laughed and I slapped his back.

When we finally got to the bottom of the stairs, he ran into the lounge room and plonked me on the couch.

All my family was already sat in the decorated lounge room, sat around our Christmas tree. Tinsel covered the room and coloured fairy lights flashed on and off.