Chapter 29

Charlotte Midnight's POV

Although I felt like collapsing to the floor in a dramatic breakdown, I knew I needed to face Ayden about this. And I didn’t want to be attacked and murdered.

"I need to talk to him about this," I confessed before foolishly running towards the battle field, almost as if I had a chance of living out there.

I was pulled back by a grip on my arm. I turned around to face a very sorry looking Austin, "I am so sorry, Charlotte. Please don’t do this now, you will get yourself hurt."

I frowned upon his words. Did he not think I was capable of taking this on by myself? Oh fuck it, who am I kidding? I know I can't just walk into a battle field and expect to walk out of it unharmed. Instead of trying to defend my lost cause, I bit back at him, "You have already hurt me enough today, I think I can handle what's next."

Austin looked breathless for moments, as if my words had stung him deeply. After a few seconds he composed himself and spoke up, "I didn’t mean to hurt you like that, Charlie. You’re like my little sister, I would never do that to you," his words were soft, "You would have found out anyway and I just-"

Austin was cut off by a ferocious growl coming from the side of the tree line. The black wolf with orange ears could not be mistaken for any other wolf when it stalked towards us. The alpha of Red Blood pack, Ayden.

Austin quickly let go of my hand and gently pushed me behind him. Ayden growled even louder and Austin's protective act and lunged forward at him. Austin had no choice but to shift into his brown wolf and fight back.

There was no chance that Austin would win against my Alpha, I was worried about him. I wasn’t worried about Ayden, I knew he would win, but I didn’t want Austin getting himself hurt or killed.

The only thing I could hear was growls coming from both the fighters and the sound of flesh ripping. The noise was far from music to my ears.

I knew I had to stop the fight somehow, before one of them ends up seriously injured.

"Ayden!" I yelled, "Stop it!"

"Austin, stop now!" I commanded in my Alpha tone that was passed down by my father. Nothing at all. I guess when I moved packs I lost my ability to control them.

I really had no choice but to use the lowest tactic I have thought of, "Ayden! Austin! Help me! Please, help!" I shouted and immediately the two stopped fighting. Austin looked in my direction and around, checking for any signs of danger, whereas Ayden ran straight over to me and protected me from the "fake" danger.

Once Ayden knew I wasn’t in danger he shifted into human form and so did Austin only seconds later. They were both naked, letting me see the battle scares they just received. It appeared Ayden had already received some earlier on that has already started healing, but the ones he just got from that fight looked fresh and painful. I tried not to look at their naked bodies but my mate was just so tempting, he was so… I don’t think you want to ponder on my thoughts.

"What's wrong, Charlotte? Is it the baby? What are you doing out there? You can't be giving birth yet?" Ayden rushed out as he looked all over my body for any signs of harm, trailing over my stomach for longer than necessary.