Chapter 17- 8 Days till Attack

Charlotte Midnight's POV

I eyed the kitchen suspiciously. I can't see him; I'm not ready for this. I need to time to prepare myself to see him again.

My heart broke at the sound of his voice.

"Charlotte," Carlos pulled me out of my thoughts, "Calm down, your hyperventilating."

He put his hands on my shoulders and stared into my eyes. I closed my eyes and began to deep breathe. In and out. In and out. Repeating the motion.

"We can go back to my room if you want?" he offered and I nodded in reply. The voices from inside the kitchen got louder meaning they were walking our way. My eyes widened as I looked at Carlos. I shook my head frantically and he knew exactly what I meant.

He put his hand softly on the small of my back, leading me away from the kitchen and towards the stairs, where we just came from. We were nearly out of sight when I heard his voice, loud and clear.

"Charlotte!" He shouted out to me. I couldn't bear to turn around and look at him, let alone talk to him. I shook my head again and looked towards the ground. I wish I could just disappear into thin air right now.

Carter Hayne's POV

I knocked on my bedroom door, waiting for Charlotte to open the door. I have been really worried about her, since she hasn't told me what's going on between her and Ayden, I have no idea how to help her.

She has been locked up in that room for hours so I decided to bring her some tea and biscuits. I held the warm mug in my hand as the biscuits were placed on the coffee table next to the door, giving me the spare hand to knock on the door.

After around half a second of waiting I shouted her name through the door, but there was still no reply. I figured she was sleeping so I opened the door and walked into the room. I never kept a lock on my door since I lived alone.

When I walked into the room, Charlotte wasn't on the bed, or anywhere I could see. I ran into the bathroom and wardrobe, looking everywhere for her; and spilling her tea in the process.

She was gone. Fuck!

I threw her tea across the room, smashing the china mug in the process. Pieces of china were shattered on the floor and tea dripped down the wall.

I need to find her.

I also need to find out what happened last night.

*

I banged my fists against the wooden door, waiting for a reaction on the other side. After a couple of seconds of things moving and shuffling on the other side, the door swung open.

I didn't recognize then man who opened the door. His eyes were red and had bags under them; his hair was a mess; his shirt had food stains dripped down it; and it appeared that he forgot to put pants on since he was only wearing boxers and his shirt,

He squinted due to the sunlight, almost as if he had never seen sunlight before, "What?" he snapped.

"Man, you look awful," I shook my head at the sight of my Alpha at his worst.

"If you just came to tell me that then you can piss off," he growled and went to slam the door in my face but I pushed it open before he could. I know it was something very disrespectful towards my Alpha but I had to talk to him.