So, This is How it Started

I was working my usual shift when I feel someone staring at me. My head pops up from the seating chart and I look around my immediate area. My gaze eventually lands on a man with piercing blue eyes at the entrance, somehow I know that he's my culprit.

He's surrounded by people but his gaze is firmly locked with mine. He's wearing a navy suit with a white shirt but he wears no tie to complete the outfit. His suit fits nicely on him and shows his muscular figure, not too tight but not too loose either. He's tanned and I can't help but wonder if he's tan all around or if it's just his face. He also has vividly grey hair but that only adds to his attractiveness. I'm not the only woman in the room to notice this man, I'm just the only one holding his gaze.

My fellow hostess nudges me aside to get a look at the floor chart.

"Phoebe? What are you looking at? We don't have time for you to be spaced out." Rachel snaps at me.

I know she's right but she doesn't see the fine piece of man until he's right in front of us. He speaks and his voice is like smooth bourbon. How do I know this? I have no idea.

"Party of 6, under the name Marceles." he's still looking right at me! Rachel can't seem to function properly now that she sees him, so I take up the slack.

I look through our computer system to find the name. I can feel the mans eyes traveling over every part of my body that isn't under the podium I'm standing behind.

"Right, here you are Mr. Marceles. You're a bit early for your reservation. Would you and your party care to wait at the bar?" I nearly purr at the man but instead I give him my pleasant hostess voice, the purr would be deemed as inappropriate.

"That will be sufficient." He motions for me to lead the way. I plaster a fake smile on my face and walk towards the bar. He doesn't say anything else but I can feel his presence. I sway a little more than usual just in case he's looking below the belt.

"Here you are. Your table will be ready in about 15 minutes. Is there anything else you all need?" One of his companions asks about the restroom and I point to its direction. "If that is all, I'll be taking my leave."

Before I can walk away I feel his hand on my arm. I turn around slowly and we're about a foot apart.

"Will you be showing us to our table?" I'm so close that I can smell his cologne. It's making it hard for me to think properly.

"Y-yes sir."

"Good." with that he lets go of my arm and walks back to his party.

I walk away a little confused but feeling hot. It's like I'm dressed with full blown snow gear in July. When I make it back to the podium Rachel is still staring towards the direction of Mr. Marceles along with half of the lobby. I give her a nudge with my elbow and we share a knowing look.

"Damn." She couldn't have summed it up better if she tried. We share a laugh and get back to work.

When the 15 minutes are almost up, Paisley lets me know to take the Marceles party to one of her free tables. I walk over and Marceles immediately looks down at his gold watch.

"Fifteen minutes on the dot, I like that." His voice comes out a bit deeper than before.

"Well we do aim for efficiency." I have to fight my flirtatious smile that wants to pop up. "If you all would please follow me, your table is ready." I lead them to a round table and address them all after they're seated. "Your waitress' name is Paisley. I'll be taking your drink orders and she'll bring them out to you." I got the standard sodas, mixed drinks, and one of the woman wanted another martini. When I got to Marceles though, he ordered a simple water with lemon.