33. Screaming Match

I fidget around in my seat for a couple of minutes before realizing that we aren't moving anymore. The engine's purring, I can feel the AC blowing in my direction, but the vehicle itself is not accelerating forward. Houston, we have a problem.

Without forward motion towards our destination, how am I supposed to escape this cramped space with Mr. M? More importantly, how long will I be able to keep up my poker face and act like I normally would? Hell, I can settle into Clueless Phoebe but sooner or later I'm sure that she'll say something damning. Clueless people always do.

'Oh well. Let's face this head on.' My inner cheerleader and warrior merge words together into a pep talk with commanding force. 'LET'S DO THIS!!'

I open my eyes to realize two things simultaneously.

One, I took a nap without realizing it and two, we are in my apartments parking garage.
Which makes me thankful but confused, surely Mr. M could've shaken me gently awake to tell me that we made it.

Though, I am surprised that I fell asleep in the first place, because honestly, there's no way I should've been relaxed enough to snooze. Especially not with tensions being the way they were before I closed my eyes.

'I do love my naps though.' I think to myself shrugging.

After successfully peeking at Mr. M, I can deduct that he either hasn't recognized that we've made it or he just doesn't care. But then again it looks to me like he's having his own inner rambling session going on.

'It's best not to bother him, just let the man talk to himself in peace Phoebe.' A tranquil voice whispers in my mind, almost as if it'll break the quiet of the car if it's too loud.

But I do grab the gear shift and place the car in park. Mr. M's foot may be on the brake pedal, nevertheless I just want to be sure that we don't end up rolling into another car or the wall. That definitely wouldn't make matters any better between us.

After brief deliberation, I soon decide to just cut off the car and to take the keys out of the ignition. It's not like it's crazy hot inside of the parking garage and even then I could just open the door to get fresh air.

Mr. M doesn't acknowledge my safety precautions, hell, he doesn't even blink irregularly. His posture is stiff like he's still driving, both hands are clenched on the steering wheel, and he's starring ahead of him like he wants to smash the car into whatever problem his mind has conjured up. It should look intimidating but the undivided focus on his face simply intrigues me.

My phone pings and I stare at Mr. M's face to see if he hears it. I may not want to have 'THE TALK' with him but his eerie silence nags at my eardrums. I abandon my search for a reaction after I stare at him long enough to where I feel like a privileged stalker.

The phone in my hand phone pings again so I look down at it to see a message from Rachel, asking me to cover her shift later this week. Rachel doesn't give me a reason and she knows that I don't require one. After all, I definitely didn't tell her why I needed her last minute to cover my shift some time ago.

For all I know, she's skipping work for amazing orgasms like I did. If Rachel has a big smile on her face when we come in for our early morning shift Thursday, then I'll know someone or something went down.

'And I won't say a damned thing about it. We are all deserving of privacy.' I think to myself as I type a simple conformation to Rachel letting her know that I got her back.

The text sends and I check my other unread messages, which are all from Ross. They go from ecstatic to depressing as I scroll up to read some of the first texts.