Change in Plans

AN: Our numbers keep growing and I'm excited/nervous. Big shout out to my A1's from Day 1!! Nothing against my newbies though. 😘I found this neat demographics thingy for the story so expect shoutouts soon.

Ross wakes up with a raging hangover. I try not to laugh too loud but it's a hard feat.

"It's not funny Phoebe!" I hear followed by a groan of pain.

I walk into my room and hand Ross a glass of water along with some pain pills.
"You shouldn't be yelling in your condition." I say with a huge grin on my face.

"I hear you laughing at me, you're a horrible friend." Ross whines.

I shrug off his statement and start cleaning off my bed. Ross takes the hint and helps me take off all of my sheets.
No way in hell am I sleeping in these again until they're properly cleaned.

"Take a shower, it'll help to relax you and you're starting to stink." I command.

He heads off to shower and I go to my closet in search of his duffle bag. We both have bags stashed at each other's places just in case. Once it's successfully in my hand, I open the door slightly to push the bag into my bathroom. We're best friends but I haven't seen him naked since middle school and I'd like to keep it that way.

Ross will take forever in my shower so I decide to clean up the rest of my room. He comes out just as I'm throwing away the last of his beer bottles. The glass clanks loudly and Ross winces in pain.

"Must you be so loud?" He groans and then sits at my breakfast bar. I poke and prod him before he can get too comfortable.

"No sir! You're making us some food! I cleaned, you cook." I point at the ingredients that I left out for him.

Ross is the master making omelets.

He grumbles but I know he's hungry too. "Fine."

While Ross cooks, I go check my phone and notice some missed calls from Mr. M. I debate on calling him back but the choice is taken from me when my phone starts ringing.

"Hello?"

"Finally. Are you free right now? I need a date for this spur of the moment luncheon at my apartment." If it was any other person, they'd sound rushed. But no, Mr. M merely sounds bored.

"Umm. What time?" Ross seems at a better place but I don't want to leave him alone in my apartment.

He might start crying on my pillows or he might find a cute rebound walking around the building. With him it's either one extreme or another.

"It starts in an hour."

"An hour!" I yell. Of course I didn't even know I was going to say yes until just now. The panic of getting ready has already set in so I might as well go with it.

"Do you want me to pick up a dress for you?" Mr. M has already seen me during crunch-time and his question let's me know that he cares.

"No it's okay. Wait. Your apartment? Don't you live in another state?" Another panic sets in because now I'll have to figure out how to get there while simultaneously getting myself ready.

"I moved here, remember? See you in thirty." *Click*

I shriek in pure frustration, then I remember Ross is  cooking for me.

"Ross!"

"What!?" If he can tell that means he's feeling better, the medicine must've kicked in.