34. Damned Offices

AN: This isn't the end of the book.!! We still have a couple of chapters left people!

I'm the special type of idiot that will get my nails done when I still have to type on my keyboard and then get frustrated with my nails.
BTW. Winter's Luna, my other book, won First place in The Wing Awards. 🙌😍😁

I stare at the door for a while.

It's not like I expect him to come back through it, it's more like I'm surprised at what just happened. 

A simple knife fight turned into a gun show, and neither of us won.

The shock I feel barely covers up the deep hurt from his words.

I cling to it, otherwise I might have to eat a gallon of ice cream while watching Lifetime.

I glance at my tv and feel utter revulsion towards it.

"I will avoid you at all cost." I snap at my bulky 40 inch.

Feeling better, I prepare for bed ignoring the pain in my chest.

~~

Thankfully, the week is busy enough for me to ignore my personal issues. With finals coming up, my extra hours alone are spent studying.

Some days I have to work double shifts because Rachel asks and Ross makes sure to mention that his sex life is back on track. He always wants to give me the details but I firmly shut him down. That lucky bastard is not allowed to gloat about his late night activities while I sleep alone.

By Friday morning, everything crashes. The numb feeling is gone and I'm hurting.

Mr. M hasn't called me at all this week.

Selfishly, my subconscious decided to have a hot dream involving Mr. M last night.

Everything was fine until I turn to the other side of my bed and he isn't there.

I cringe as I rehash over our fight. My metaphorical wounds have sort of scabbed over, but if I had just dealt with my feelings they would've been semi okay by now. But I'm a coward, so now I'm radiating pain.

'Why did he keep mentioning Ross?' I ask myself. 'Is he with his ex wife now?'

"There's only one person with the answers I seek." I say aloud just to sound like a nerd.

I don't have anything planned today so it's the perfect time to visit his office. It may actually be why my subconscious decided to drop the M bomb on me.

I double my morning bathroom routine to make sure that my skin radiates the warmth of chocolate and that I smell good enough to eat.

There is no way Mr. M can know that I've moved in a zombie like trance all this week just doing the bare minimum. I even wash my hair and straighten it to make sure that it has the freshly done bounce to it.

I must look better than ever.

With that in mind I dress with care. Nothing super sexy because I'm not going to have meaningless sex, but, I also want him to know that he's missed out on a week of ME.

By the time I'm ready, it's nearing the end of the lunch rush and I feel like I need a nap from my over zealous pampering.

"No." I tell myself out loud.

There's no way I'm even going to let a wrinkle mess up my clothes, so I rush out of my apartment like it was on fire just so my bed doesn't tempt me again.

As the bus moves through traffic nearing my stop, the nerves I feel settle down for the ride.

'What if he doesn't want to see me? What if he's not even there? It is Friday, a lot of people get off early. Maybe I should just call him. Ugh! Me and my half assed plans.'