Dress Shopping

AN: Happy Friday!-wait. It's not Friday? It's only Wednesday!? I want to cry, I need a break and we're only halfway through the week... Happy HumpDay! I hope this lifts your spirits a bit.

I wake up to see that the sky getting lighter with the coming morning, the clock says that it's six something. Too early! I roll over to avoid watching the sunrise and hit a solid mass of flesh. A shriek comes out of my mouth and I notice that I'm not in my room. Mr. M grumbles but he doesn't fully wake up.
I want to say that I got up and went to my own bed but....

That would be a lie.
Instead I laid back down and slept some more.

The second time I wake up is when Mr. M's alarm goes off. I don't lift my head but I hit the pillow beside me in hopes that it'll turn off. I reach my arm out and tap him like I would a snooze button hoping that this maneuver will work. I hear a throaty chuckle and then the sound ceases.

I'm wrapped in warmth again as I settle back into sleep.

The smell of bacon has me popping up and looking around. This time I'm fully awake and aware of my surroundings. My stomach complains and pushes me towards the smell.

I walk out of the room to find Mr. M sitting at the table eating breakfast. I say nothing as I sit across from him and take the lid off of the plate in front of me. He's always so considerate to make sure that I have food.

"Did you sleep well?" He's reading a newspaper but looks up to gauge my mood/awareness for a second before going back to his reading.

I know that he can see me nodding so I don't say anything. The only sound I'm making is my fork hitting my food as I'm eating.

"That's good, I did as well. Having an unexpected sleeping companion last night was pleasurable, I especially liked their choice in pajamas." He has a smirk on his face as he finishes the sentence and I look down at what I'm wearing.

Or not wearing to be precise. All I have on is underwear.

I bolt up from the table, rush to my room, and throw on the shirt that I wore last night. I take a quick look in the mirror at my hair but there's no hope until I can detangle it. It's my punishment for not wrapping up hair last night. My hair may be permed straight but there is no way I can leave it down while sleeping without consequences.

I take one last look before I make my way back to the table. Head held high.

I refuse to feel shy-he's seen all of my body. I can't help but feel chagrined though because I didn't notice that I was walking around practically stark naked.
Mr. M huffs a bit letting me know that he's not happy that I put on clothing but I simply ignore him.

"I made a 1:30 appointment for us at a boutique in the city."

I look at him curiously but say nothing. He mistakes my look for confusion.

"We need to get you a dress."

I nod but I know that I'll have to speak for him to understand my previous look. "We? You want to look at dresses together?" My voice is like sand paper so I take a sip of juice.

"Yes. Why?" Mr. M sits down his paper to give me his undivided attention. I'm surprised that he even understands my words.

I clear my throat. "Well most men would rather just see the final product. I might have to go to multiple stores if the first doesn't have a dress that speaks to me."

He just looks at me so I feel the need to elaborate further. Men.

"Maybe I go do the shipping and tell you when I'm done?"