20. Shall We Dance?

The hours have flown by and now it's near time for the event. All Mr. M has to do is take a shower, shave a bit, comb his hair, and throw on his clothes. It won't take him but an hour maybe even two if he gets distracted.

It takes me hours to get ready, so while I'm running around trying to stick to my schedule, Mr. M is reading a book! He has on his reading glasses and I curse myself for not knowing that Mr. M needed them.

The man looks edible.

Eventually he catches onto the fact that I'm staring and he gives me a look.

"Have something to say Phoebe?"

"Let's skip and I'll let you read to me." I'm not bluffing. I'm giving him a real proposition. His eyebrow goes up in question so I continue. "I promise to be the most avid listener." My voice drops into a purr. He only has to give me the okay.

If my make-up wasn't already done, I'd be kissing him. I wouldn't call this nerdy but it's something about the glasses that makes Mr. M look even smarter.

Mr. M laughs and gets up from his reading spot while putting his book down. I'm happy that Mr. M doesn't take off his glasses as he walks towards me. It's almost like a predator making it's way towards their prey.

"Do you have a particular interest in Alexander Hamilton?You've never insisted that I read to you before so it's unusual that you do it now."

I shake my head 'No'. His book is a biography on the man. Biographies and autobiographies aren't really my area of interest but I'm sure that Mr. M could make it the most fascinating read.

He takes a step into my personal space with his lips just inches from mine. "So what's peaked your interest?"

"I think you know Marceles and if you don't, I'm sure that you'll figure it out." I step back and head to my bathroom to finish getting ready. I hear him chuckling as he goes to his.

'Is there anything about this man that won't turn me on? The longer we stay together the more I think that he's perfect.'

~~~

'Dammit Phoebe!' I spent so much time looking for the perfect dress to wear to this party and it was all a waste of my time.

'I thought that the women here would be sophisticated with ball gowns and minimal skin showing.... How could I be so wrong?'

All I see around me is sheer panels and sky high heels. Not to mention the amount of fake asses, breasts, and women with poorly places Botox injections. Nothing is being left to the imagination with this crowd.

The men here are smiling like children about to get candy.

'Why am I here?' As I keep asking myself questions, Mr. M is leading me to a group of people that have wrinkles everywhere except on their clothes.

"Marceles! About time that you showed up!" One of the men bellow. He has a pot belly and the teenager on his arm looks bored. (Not a real teen but she's young.)

"Car troubles." Mr. M lies smoothly. Two simple words. The man instantly shut his mouth with a firm nod of acceptance.

What really happened was that he had to drag me out of the bathroom because I was frustrated with my makeup. Nothing was going right! I had an idea but the execution wasn't happening like I wanted. Mr. M finally had enough and found a last minute makeup artist to come and help me.

The group finally acknowledges me and instantly I feel their judgement.

"Aw! Isn't she cute!" One of the bottle blondes exclaims like I'm a damned puppy. "Who's idea was it for you two to match?" The look the female is giving me leaves no doubt that she already has an idea.