23. He's Got a Big... Office

AN: Boom! Double update- Waaatttt!!???

I haven't seen or spoken to Mr. M for weeks. I have to admit- I miss him and our cozy moments together. Even if we're just arguing, at least he'll still be there.

I have this crazy need to know how he is, to know if he even misses me back. The scholarship thing can stay on the back burner- for now. I don't feel like arguing today.
So.....
I put on a cute dress that I know he'll like, and I make my way over to his new office. I researched the adress online. I even pack us a lunch like a good wannabe girlfriend.

I walk into the building and I immediately feel underdressed

'Maybe I shouldn't have shown up completely unexpected.' It's already too late though because a receptionist has spotted me.

"May I help you?" Her voice is a bit judging but not so much to turn me away.

"Uh yes, I'm looking for Mr. Marceles' office.?"

"It's on the top floor." She says this like I'm stupid for not already knowing this.

"And the elevators?" I ask kindly.
She points in the direction and I leave. My nerves are already on high alert, I can't let some snooty secretary mess with me on top of everything else.

'How is he going to take my entering his work space? I know he invited me but that was weeks ago. Does he even want to see me now? Maybe this is just a one way type thing where only he can pop up at random times.' These are my thoughts as I ride up the elevator to Mr. M's office.

I step off the elevator and go in the direction of the pointed arrow on the opposite wall.

The chick downstairs must've called because the next secretary I encounter is already making her way towards me.

"You need to leave." She tries to usher me back but I stand my ground.

"I'm here to see Mr. Marceles."

"I know." And yet she still keeps trying to push me back.

'Counterproductive much?'

"Can you at least tell him that I'm here?" I'm starting to feel like scum and that pisses me off. She's not even giving me a chance to explain.

'What's if Mr. M intentionally told her not to let me in?' Self doubt floods my brain.

"Mr. Marceles is a very busy man, he doesn't have time for groupies. Now please leave." We are back to the elevators and I stop dead and face her.

"I am NOT some damned groupie." I'm feeling my anger but I try and repress it. The last thing I need to do is cause a scene that will embarrass both myself and Mr. M.

The secretary snorts, "That's what they all say, now leave."

Feeling defeated I turn to an elevator, the one next to it dings but I don't look at the person getting out. I don't want anyone to see the frustrated tears in my eyes. I step onto the elevator and press the ground floor button. Once these doors close I know I'll loose my cool outward composure. I need it to hurry up because my eyes are starting to burn. My foot taps impatiently.