41. Woman Up

AN: Happy Valentines Day, to all those who care! I'm updating today to, hopefully, solidify the fact that I LOVE YOU ALL!! 💝💝💝 Consider SDC your Valentine.

Phoebe:

It's been two days since our fight and I still don't know what I want to do.

Ross hasn't bothered to call me but Rachel sure has.

She's left a bunch of messages on my cell but I can't talk to her without wanting to cry. Maybe I've had too much time to think. All I've done is watch sappy movies on the crappy motel tv, eat a bunch of junk, and buy myself more sweats.

My independent side all the while arguing that Ross can't just use me and then try to put me in a corner like a child. My inner child though is remembering growing up with this man and all the trouble we used to get into. Hell, we still get into some mess.

Tomorrow is the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.

Am I going? Or am I going to skip it?

'I need to stop hiding out like a coward. By some divine being, I will get through with this wedding.'

With my mind made up, I get an Uber to take me to the cottage styled hotel we rented for the week. The entire thing wasn't ours but nearly half of the rooms are filled with people attending the wedding.

Even still, no one sees me as I creep into the building and up to my room. Everyone, especially the bride and groom, have separate rooms with locked connecting doors.

I try to keep the door as silent as possible when closing it, but there is nothing I can do about the slight click of the door fully shutting.

I take a deep breath in after a couple of seconds of tense silence only to hold that breath to keep myself from making noise.

Across the room, the knob to our connecting door is rattling.

Ross is trying to get in and I'm not ready to see him yet.

"What are you doing?" I hear the muffled voice of Rachel ask.

"I thought I heard something." Ross replies.

"Stop trying to divert this conversation, you need to call Phoebe." Rachel demands.

I let out a silent breath when Ross stops bothering the door knob.

"I'm not trying for a diversion Rachel." Ross defends, I can hear him shuffling away.

The problem is, I'm a nosy bitch and I silently make my way towards the door to hear their conversation.

"Call her." She demands again, not one to fall for a distraction. I can just imagine Rachel's posture, her holding up his cell phone with the other hand on her hip.

Luckily for me, I don't have to panic about my phone going off because it died a day ago.

"She won't talk to me Rachel." A thud sounds from the other room, I'm guessing that Ross has plopped down onto his bed.

"Who's fault is that?" She interjects. I could kiss her.

Ross doesn't respond but instead groans.

"Not you too Rachel. You're the only one left that's not mad at me." Ross reasons after a couple of seconds of quiet.

"You did this to yourself." Rachel snaps.

A silence follows and then I hear a door close. The bad thing about hotel styles doors is that you can't slam them shut when you want to.

I listen for more but give up until I hear his voice again.

"Dammit Phoebe, answer your phone! I know that I'm the last person you want to talk to but hear me out. You are my best friend in the entire world, one fight shouldn't be able to split us like this. I...I talked to my mom and now I don't know if she's coming either and it's just-shit!" Ross curses.

His time probably ran out.

I wait to see if Ross'll leave another message, and I'm disappointed when I don't hear anything else. Talking to his mom couldn't have been easy for him to do.

I wish I was there to see it, but honestly I would've enjoyed it too much.

Careful not to make any noticeable noises, I slide into my bed, pug in my phone, and wrap it up in a pillow with a towel just in case it makes noise when to powers back to life.

Like a coward, I decide to take a nap instead of consoling my groom.

~

I wake up to a knob rattling. This time though, it's my room door.

Staying paralyzed in bed, I watch helplessly as my door is pushed and pulled on. A loud slap on it has me jumping in my bed but I don't make a sound.

Across the hall, I can clearly hear Rachel yelling for the noise to stop. Which it does.

I take a deep breath in and slowly get up from bed. Does someone know that I'm in here?

A look at the time tells me that I have about an hour or so to get ready for the wedding rehearsal. With all the noise in the hallway, I decide to take the risk of taking a shower.

It'd be a lot cooler if I just popped up to the wedding rehearsal, with no one knowing that I was here before hand. Especially not Ross.

After my shower, I rummage through my bag to look for the perfect outfit.

Sadly, the only thing I have is my plain black shirt and my yellow/green/teal pants that I got for Christmas one year. It's one of my favorite outfits therefore, it's not edgy or new. Oh well, I can rock it and I know I'm a baddy with my black pumps.

Stepping out of my room, I feel ready to take on the world

Or I was, until I see Mr. M slipping into the stairway entrance and my heart drops.

AN: Sorry that it's so short y'all! I figured that something was better than nothing on this V day.