Was It All A Dream? (Pt. 2)

Yeah. I wasn't done with last chapter. If you're one to scream gross when I mention an uncontrollable condition that can attack a female's reproductive organs, I hope you know that you are the problem. I believe in open honesty. I'm sharing with you all my imaginative process, so I find no problem explaining that I can't focus when cramping- its impossible for me. 353! WOOHOO! Now if only we got more votes?

All night I was expecting something to happen, at closing my body stopped anxiously waiting and decided to crash in despair instead. I was sluggish all throughout cleaning.

Rachel gave me odd looks but said nothing, the woman truly is amazing.

When I finally got to my apartment, the huge disappointment I felt hit me like a knife to the gut.

'Why was I expecting him to show up? It's not like we meant anything to each other. I mean, we weren't even acquaintances before last weekend.! I was his weekend companion- nothing more- so why do I want to curl up on my couch with a tub of ice cream and watch LifeTime movies?'

I hate hormones, I feel betrayed but honestly I shouldn't. I want to cry when the only thing that's sad is the fact that I subconsciously wanted more than what I got.

Feeling dirty from my long work shift- I go to my bathroom, take a shower, rub myself down with nice scents, put on my favorite sweats, and sit on my couch staring off into space. I really should be going to sleep because of my early shift tomorrow but two words kept running through my mind.

"I'm lonely.." There, I said it out loud. It doesn't make me feel any better but at least I won't deny it any longer.

Mr. M was my breath of fresh air. I had pretty much given up dating, why date when no one really wants to be tied down anymore? Either you're team #nofeelings or team #relationshipgoals. Fuck that. Why can't two people just enjoy each others company without any of the extra bullshit.

I shake my head and clear my thoughts, I need to go to bed. After the final circuit around my home to make sure that everything is locked, I walk into my bedroom and before i can think about what I'm doing- Mr. M's card is in my hand.

I must've lost all control because my phone is in my other hand and I'm dialing his number. The only thing that stopped me from pressing that devilish green button was the fact that it was past midnight. Do I have absolutely no self control when I'm tired?

'It's way too late to be calling someone Phoebe unless it's a close friend. I'll just save all his information in my phone and go to bed.'

Thank goodness that's exactly what happened. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I was gone.

~~~

Whoever made the work shift for Saturday morning is evil. I understand that some people do get up early for breakfast on the weekends but honestly there is no need to make employees suffer for it.

I grumble all throughout my morning routine, it's only when I walk into the hotel that I trade in grumbling for complete silence. I don't speak to anyone and by now all employees know if I have an early morning shift that I am to be avoided.

Let's just say that I have a bad habit of being completely blunt and pessimistic before any of my filters kick in. So everyone prefers my silence rather than my insults.

The early morning goes by rather peacefully, only one customer was mad that they had to wait seeing as though a party came before them taking up the rest of our available space.

I could've been nice and sat them at the bar but I was still in a mood from having to wake up so i let the customer stew in their unhappiness.

When I finished work for the day I found myself full of energy to do something. So I called my best friend.

"Phoebe! What a surprise! You on your break or something?" No matter when I call, I know Ross'll answer his phone.

"No I got off early, they don't need me tonight." I lie.

"And you're calling me?" He sounds confused and I don't blame him.

I never call Ross on Saturday nights because he only does one thing- partying.

"Yeah. Are you doing anything tonight? I'm bored and I need to get out of the house."

"Who is this and where is Phoebe" Ross demands. Leave it to him to be completely serious over something so trivial.

"I'm serious. I have way too much energy and I need to burn it off so I can get some sleep before my shift tomorrow morning." Honesty is always best when dealing with Ross no matter how crude.

"Oh okay. You want to go to Prism or somewhere else?" He sounds relieved.

"Whichever club has the least chance of a long line." I am terribly impatient but it works for me.

"Okay. I'll pick you up around 10."

"Alrighty." I hang up. He and I both know that his ass will show up 11 o'clock at the earliest.

Ross showed up at 11:17 pm, a personal best for him. I was already dressed in my cute white lace crop top and nude skirt with a slit on the side. I had my heels in my hand but no way was I going to put them on until we arrive at our destination.

*Don't forget that Phoebe is a deep chocolate and that her hair is straight

*Don't forget that Phoebe is a deep chocolate and that her hair is straight. Would you judge if I said I love that model though?  Girl is KILLING it!

"Damn, you look great Phee. Too bad I still remember what you looked like in middle school." Ross shakes his head in regret.

"Shut up! Don't forget your mom has pictures of us both from our middle school days." I laugh at his now stricken face.

"I still can't find them. Mom says she hid them so that they won't be destroyed but one of these days...."

I stay silent as we drive towards whatever club Ross has picked for tonight. He's dead set on destroying evidence of our preteen years while I'm completely fine with it as long as it stays in whatever secluded corner it's in right now.

I'm stopping here but in the next few days expect more.