Chapter 9

Dream as if you'll live forever 
Live as if you'd die tomorrow

~Tumblr~ 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Kailee was with Ayanna when Esther came and begged her to do the spell with her. 

"Ayanna, this was a close call. This could have been my family and I will not risk it. I will not lose my family. Please, help me do this." She begged. 

Ayanna shook her head. "No, I will not help you this time, Esther. This would be going against nature, against the spirits and that is not acceptable. You have to do this alone, if you will do it which I advise you not to." 

"Kailee, you love my family like I love them. Will you help me do this? I know you're strong an-" 

"But I'm not strong enough to do this spell. I have not done a spell other than making things float or making fire since I was 12, that is nearly 10 years ago now." Kailee argued. "I do ask this, if you go through with the spell, leave Henrik out of it. He is too young to be changed into this, let him live his life a bit longer and when the time is right for him as well, then you can change him." 

Ayanna frowned, thinking it was odd that she asked to leave one of the children out of the deal. She made mental note to ask her about it at a later time, when they were alone. 

"No!" Esther denied her daughter in law. "I will not leave Henrik out of this, it was nearly him this time." 

"Esther," Her daughter in law started. "Henrik is only 13... 13, Esther. Give him a bit more time as a human and when he is 17 or something then you change him. But not now, please." 

"Fine, I will let him stay human longer." She said before storming to the door. "But I will not lose my family." 

When she was gone, Ayanna and Kailee both sat down. Ayanna had given her something to drink and was now waiting for the right moment to approach the subject of Henrik. 

Deciding not to wait, she just jumped it on her. "Why are you so... so adamend about Henrik?" 

"Esther said that it could have been Henrik last night but it is more than that." She started. 

"What do you mean with that, dear?" She asked, putting her hand over the younger woman's. 

She looked up with tears in her eyes. "It wasn't only that it could've been Henrik, it should've been Henrik. 

Ayanna sat back with wide eyes. "Dear, tell me." 

"In my time, I got the story from Rebekah and she told me that Henrik died after he and Niklaus went to watch the wolves change. That night was yesterday, when that boy died. Ayanna, I altered the time line." She said. "With me giving birth to Lysa, I made sure that Nik nor Henrik were there in the woods, instead another boy died." 

"So... Henrik is supposed to be dead." 

"Yes." 

"Dear, I don't know how to fix this but I know it has to be fixed." Ayanna said, gathering stuff to perform a spell. "But I also know that the spirits do know how to fix this." 

Kailee sat back as Ayanna performed the spell and spirits were shown around them. A spirit stepped forward and smiled at the two. 

"We know what happened and we also know how to fix it." The spirit turned to Kailee. "You can fix this by telling Henrik who you are and take him with you when you return to your time." 

"Take him with me? To my time?" Kailee asked. "But, he is from this time, how will it fix this?" 

"It will give him a second chance at life, like we gave you a second chance at happiness." The spirit explained. 

"If that is what fixes this, I will do it. Do I have to tell him now or later, when we return to my time?" 

"Now. That way you can prepare him." The spirit said. 

"What about my children? Do they stay here or do they come with me, to my time?" Kailee asked. 

"They will stay with you. But I can not tell you anything more so I'll take my leave now." 

"Kailee." A spirit called her attention. "We advise you to tell him soon."

They waited for her to nod before they disappeared. As they disappeared, Ayanna and Kailee both sat back and let the words seep in. 

"Dear, I believe you need to go and see Henrik right this moment and sit down with him. If I can give you a tip, he won't believe you unless you show him. There is a spell that can show memories to someone else, perhaps you could use it on Henrik." Ayanna suggested. 

Kailee nodded as she stood up. "Of course. Thank you for the tip, Ayanna."

"You're welcome, my dear." She answered with a smile as she watched the young mother leave her hut. 

Later that evening, Kailee and Henrik sat at the dinner table as Henrik held Lysa in his arms. 

"Rik? I have something to tell you, and I want you to keep an open mind about this, can you do this for me?" She asked, trying to catch his attention. 

He looked up at her and nodded. "Of course, Kailee. You can tell me anything, you know that." 

"I know but this is a bit... crazy, for lack of a better word." She giggled. "I'm not from here." 

"Yeah, I know. We all know, I can remember meeting you for the first time three years ago." He said. "That is not crazy, is it?" 

"No, that is not what I meant." She corrected him. "I'm not from here, as in, I'm not from this time." 

"You're right. That is crazy." 

A humorless chuckle left her. "I know, but... Would you believe me if you would see it?" 

"What do you mean?" He asked. 

She put her hands on his shoulders and muttered the spell Ayanna had told her about. She could see his eyes glaze over as she showed him her memories. 

Blinking twice, Henrik looked at her with wide eyes. "You're from... the future?" 

"I am. I'm going back, I don't know when but you have to come with me." 

.

.

.

.

The next chapter will be a short one, a very short one, because it is the last chapter in the past

The next chapter will be a short one, a very short one, because it is the last chapter in the past. She will return to the present in chapter 10 but the story will actually start in the present in chapter 11.