Chapter 10

Happy girls are the prettiest girls

~Audrey Hepburn~

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The entire Mikealson family, minus Henrik, was sitting around the dinner table and was waiting for Mikeal to return. No one knew where he was but Kailee had an idea of where he could be. 

She knew that they were staked through the heart with a sword but she didn't know exactly when she could expect to be killed.

There was not a lot of time for her to think about it because before she could think any more about it because her world turned black. 

Waking up, she saw Mikeal forcing Rebekah to eat from a human. She heard Niklaus protest and ask Rebekah not to do it but in the end she did it anyway. Kailee had to see everyone feed before he forced her to drink from a human. 

She looked at Elijah and saw her staring at her with wide eyes, full of pain. She could only imagine how he felt after seeing his siblings and his wife drink from a human and being forced to do so himself. 

They stayed together for a long time, as a family until his mother was killed and they left. Together as a family, they travelled for years- 17 to be exact- and it was time for Kailee to return to her time. 

Kailee, Henrik- who had turned Vampire when he reached the age of 18- Lysa and Alexander were alone at where they resided at that time when they were being visited by the spirits. 

Both her children had recently turned vampire and were let in on the secret. Each of them hated keeping it from Elijah and the rest of the family but knew it was absolutely necessary. 

They were alone, going through texts and everything, when the candles wavered and wind was blown around, they turned and gasped as they saw the spirits, Ayanna one of them. 

"Dear." She called. 

Kailee smiled and stepped forward. "Ayanna." 

"It is good to see you again, my dear. Look at your children, they are so grown up." She said, stepping around them. "You did well in raising them." 

"Thank you, Ayanna, that means a lot to me, coming from you." Kailee's smile softened when she saw more spirits, spirits that were familiar to her. "It is time, isn't it?" 

"I'm afraid so. Now, when you return, you will be vampire but we want you to keep your magic, the same goes for your children and you, Henrik." Ayanna said. "When you return, a talisman will be waiting for you, containing your magic."

"What about father's memories? Or uncle Niklaus'? Aunt Bekah's?" Lysa asked. It did not surprise her that she asked about Niklaus first as she adored and admired her uncle greatly. 

"They will be locked away, and something you possess will trigger them. Look at it like being a key or having a key to a lock you need to open." Ayanna explained. "You will get them back, dear. For now, you just have to be strong and look after them." 

Kailee smiled at her daughter and nodded. The spirits looked at a spot and focused on it, making everything shake. Before any of them knew what happened, they fell on the ground with darkness surrounding them. 

.

.

.

.

Like I warned you last chapter, this does not count as a full chapter but it was necessary to be in the story. 

Again, only a hairstyle.