Chapter 18

Work hard
Have fun
Make history 

~Jeff Bezos~ 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"You look like you could do with a drink. And we have a lot to discuss, so shall we?" Niklaus said, breaking silence first. 

Kailee couldn't keep her eyes off of her husband. He definitely had changed a lot but he seemed to be the same husband to her. 

Shocked, the brunette stepped back as Elijah attacked his brother which sent him flying through the window. 

She saw Niklaus getting up. "Easy. I just finished renovating." Before she could blink, Niklaus flashed to his brother and threw him into the table. 

Standing up, leaving the broken table behind him. "You know you have every right to be mad at me. But I kept my word, I reunited you with our family."

Elijah attacked him again, and Klaus was knocked against a coffin. He opens the one next to it, undaggering Kol who is lying inside, rushes to Elijah and held him against a closed coffin by his throat. He held the dagger up threateningly.

"Niklaus!" Kailee exclaimed, trying to catch his attention. Instead, she caught Elijah's- who was momentarily stunned by her silent beauty, her natural beauty- before he returned to his brother. 

"Don't make me do this to you again Elijah!" Niklaus threatened. 

Elijah held his hands up. "Come on. Use it. I dare you. You'll have Kol to deal with." 

The blue eyes blonde lowered the dagger. "Mikeal is dead." 

Klaus released his grip and Elijah stood up, surprised. "What did you say?" 

"Kailee?" The blonde asked, turning to her. 

She took a breath and took a couple of steps closer. "Your father is dead, Elijah. Killed by his own weapon." 

"By me." He added. "He's gone, Elijah. Forever." 

"Why do our family remain in these coffins? Finn for over 900 years, Kol for over a century." Elijah asked, gesturing to the coffins around him as he looks at the two bastard children in front of him. 

"Because of Stefan Salvatore." The woman answered. 

Elijah shifted his eyes to her again and looked at her, not knowing how to ignore the instant attraction he held to her. She was beautiful and looked to be kind and open. 

She was perfect. 

He was instantly attracted to her. She was nothing like the girls these days. She did not dress revealingly and teasingly, yet she still had this sexy allure around her. She didn't cake her face with make up, instead opted for a natural look and going make up free. 

"Because of Stefan Salvatore indeed. He holds the one thing keeping me from freeing them. There are things that you do not know about our past, Elijah. Our mother's death. Things I never wanted you to know but I'm ready to tell you now. I only ask that you remember the oath of loyalty you once swore to me." His brother said, grabbing his attention. 

Klaus went to a small table where there was a small urn and removed the lid. He dipped the dagger inside then walked over to Kol's coffin.

"What are you doing?" Kailee asked, not knowing what he was doing. 

Klaus daggered his younger brother again, stopping him from waking up. "Always and forever. I need you to stand by my side. Be my brother. Help me destroy Stefan and I promise you our family will be whole again."

"I'll leave you guys alone now." Kailee anounced. "This is family business." 

"You are family." 

"Exactly who is she?" Elijah asked, not knowing who the woman was who held his attention. 

"I'm Kailee Henderson. Your sister's best friend." Kailee introduced herself, holding her hand out. "It's nice to meet you, Elijah. I heard many wonderful things about you." 

"It's nice to meet you too, Kailee." Elijah said, shaking her hand. "I don't believe you have to leave us, though." 

"Uhm, I have siblings of my own and we often deal with family business. I know I hate it when people outside of my family are present for a discussion." She looked at the clock and frowned. "I have guests anyway, I need to be home. It's late already." 

"Of course. Let me escort you to your car." 

The entire encounter was being watched by Niklaus with a smirk on his face as he saw his brother fall for his wife all over again. He had to see it once before and before he would think that the connection between them would have weakened a bit but instead, it seemed as if it was just as strong as ever even without his brother's memories. 

"You don't have to, Elijah. I'll be fine. You have business with your brother." Walking over, she kissed Niklaus' cheek before walking out the door. 

Getting in her car, she took deep breaths as she was still reeling over her encounter with her husband. She was ecstatic he was back but had to play it down because of his locked memories which was torture for her. All she wanted was to jump his bones and be with him again but alas, she couldn't do that as she was only a stranger to him now. 

Taking one last deep breath, she started the egnition and started driving away. She kept her eyes on the road, missing the fact that Elijah was watching her through the window and afterwards sped after her car, making sure she was safe. 

Getting out of the car, she wiped away the tears on her cheeks yet again not noticing that Elijah kept a close eye on her. 

Watching from between the trees, he waited until he saw the lights turn on. He wanted to turn around, going back to his brother to finally hear him out when he saw a boy come up to her and hug her. 

For the first time in a very long time, Elijah felt a fierce feeling in his chest as he had to fight with himself to keep him from running up the stairs to her apartment to rip this guy's arms off of her, and take her in his arms.

Turning around, Elijah looked down as he realised what has happened to him. 

He fell in love at first sight.  

.

.

.

.

No outfit or such mentioned, I know but I do have one in mind so, I'll add it anyway.