Chapter 24

A girl should be two things, Classy and Fabulous.

~Coco Chanel~

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Mom?" Lysa asked as soon as they sat down at the Grill with their drinks. "Can you tell us the story of you and Dad again?" 

She was openly calling her mom because she knew there were no wandering ears around, only them so she could call her whatever she wanted without anyone hearing. 

Kailee chuckled as she sipped her drink. "You want to hear it again? You have heard it nearly a thousand times now. I'm quite sure you know the story better than I do by now." 

"Please?" Her daughter pushed. 

"Actually,-" Her son started. "I'd like to hear it again as well. It's been quite a while and it is such a beautiful story." 

"Fine." She relented. "A 1000 years ago, I met Elijah by chance. The spirits had given me a second chance at happiness because I wasn't happy here. Not really." 

"You know, I never got that. Why did they give you a second chance?" Her daughter said, looking in deep thought about it. 

"Because they thought I deserve it or something. I don't know either but I never questioned it and I'm not going to start to now." She answered, snapping her daughter out of her thoughts. "Anyway, I had gotten a second chance. In the past. I met your father two weeks after arriving in the past. I had been going about my duties at a lake here in Mystic Falls when he came out of the woods to check on something."

"Was he courting Tatia by then?" 

"He already was. He started courting her a few days before I arrived. You know your father, he is honorable so he started courting her because they had been together." Kailee shrugged. "I never had a problem with that, that was his past and at that moment I was only his friend. Two weeks went by and every day we'd meet up after our chores had been completed by the same lake we met at."

"What did you do there? You never told us." Her son butted in. 

His mother shrugged. "We'd do anything. We talked, laughed, cried, played around, tease each other. We brought out each other's playfulness." 

"Dad possesses that? I had no idea." 

"Alexander!" Kaile said, looking at him with a frown. "You've witnessed your father playful plenty of times. He was just worried a lot because he was trying to ensure our safeties and you know that." 

"I know. It's just... Father never really played around with me, you know? We never did that. It's just a shock." 

She softly and motherly touched his cheek with a soft smile. "He loved you. I'm sure he still does even though he doesn't remember you."

"Yeah, yeah." Lysa said. "Can we go on with the story now? I'd like to know how you started courting." 

"Well, that was two weeks after we met. We were watching the sun set by the lake and he told me that Tatia had told him that I had hit her but in fact it was the other way around and she was stupid enough to forget that I had witnesses. 'Bekah and Finn were there. He believed her but also didn't. He was conflicted, let's keep it at that." 

"Did he say sorry for taking her side?" 

"He did, the very next day. A day before the incident, he had broken off his commitment to her and started thinking about his feelings for me. A day after he had chosen her side, I was at the lake again but this time doing some last chores. He apologized and kissed me before asking Ayanna permission to court me." 

"And he got permission." 

"Ayanna knew I was send by the spirits to give me another chance at happiness, so she wasn't going to stand in the way of it." Kailee shrugged. "It was two months after we started courting, three months after meeting each other, that he asked to marry him. I obviously said yes." 

"You got married by the lake, right?" 

"Yes." She confirmed. "He suggested it and I was on board." 

"What about us? Were we planned?" 

"Alexander, it was stone age. There was no such thing as planning children nor was there any birth control so we couldn't exactly plan you but we did try for a child, I'll admit that. I made sure I knew the exact dates I was most fertile but it actually wasn't needed." 

"Why?" 

"Do I want to hear this?" Alexander groanded.  

"Alexander! Shut up! I want to hear this." Lysa shushed her brother. "Mom?" 

"Well, your brother was conceived at my wedding night. You were conceived the first day I wanted to have sex again." 

"Ew! Mom! I know I'm 18 and everything but I don't need to hear about you having sex with dad. That is... gross." Alexander said, making a disgusted face. "Did you ever have love before you left?" 

"Only from my siblings. I never really had a crush on anyone or something. I was just... alone with my siblings and I didn't mind it until father kicked me out and I was left alone. I moved here and met my friends Matt and Caroline. Three years passed and I went to the past." 

"So, no boyfriend before father?" 

"No, your father was my first ever boyfriend. He was my first in everything." 

"Mom!" Her son groanded. "You know there is no such thing as brain bleach, right?" 

"What? What did I say? I only pointed out something obvious it is not my problem that you have a dirty mind." Kailee said, looking at her son. "I'm sorry if I'm making you uncomfortable, though. Do you want to leave?" 

"Yeah. I'd like that." 

They finished their drinks and went on their way. 

Kailee was already in bed when the door opened slightly. It was hot in her apartment so she was only wearing her short and top pj's but she still felt exposed. She grabbed a light blanket and was about to wrap it around her until she recognized the person. 

"Can't sleep?" Her visitor shook her head. "Come on." 

.

.

.

.

So, I already dropped a major hint even though the figure isn't supposed to be a mystery. I just turned it into one. 

I'll add in the pj's for this chapter.