Chapter 28

A drop in the Ocean
A change in the Weather
I was hoping that you and me might end up together. 

~A Drop In the Ocean - Ron Pope~

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Weeks later, Kailee woke up early in the morning, wrapped in the arms of her husband. It was barely 5.30 when she woke up but decided to start her day anyway.

She slowly and carefully unwrapped his arms around her naked waist and sat up, wincing slightly at the sore feeling she got from her private area's. It was a good reminder of what happened the previous night.

With a smile and memories of her lovely night, Kailee got up and walked to her closet as naked as the day she was born.

She walked out of her bathroom half an hour later and walked into her bedroom again to see her husband still asleep with her pillow pressed to him, breathing deeply.

Kailee couldn't resist and gave him a light kiss on his cheek before she flashed out. She had dressed in work-out clothes so she headed to the gym where she bumped into Matt. 

"Kailee, you look... radiant." He commented, making her blush.

The smile she gave reached her eyes, for the first time since a long time. "Thank you. You look great as well." 

"And you talk!" He blushed himself now. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that- after all, you did talk to me before but I meant..." 

"Matt, it's okay." She let out a sigh, knowing she wouldn't be working out today. "Maybe we should talk, I have a lot to explain. But you can't tell anyone, promise me." 

"Yeah, of course." 

An hour later, they were sitting in the Grill with a coffee in front of us. "Whoa, that's... a lot to take in. I am happy for you though, I can see you're happy."

"I am." She answered. "I truly am. Uhm... I have to go. I imagine Elijah is awake by now and with Rebekah and Niklaus going after Finn today, Care is coming over as well so I got to go. Maybe we can meet up again tomorrow? We could work out together?" 

"Kailee, I'm not sure that's such a good idea. You're a Vampire now and you could tear me apart in less than a second... I can't fully protect myself yet." 

"Indeed!" She got up, putting down enough money for both their drinks. "And that's why I'm going to train you, who better than me? A vampire?" 

"Fine, you got me." Matt gave in. "Tomorrow?" 

"Tomorrow. At the gym, same time as today?" 

"Sure thing." He got up as well, frowing at the money. "I hate you." 

"For what? Treating you to a coffee? You're welcome." She threw her arms around his neck. "See you tomorrow." 

"Yeah, tomorrow." 

Side by side they left the Grill. Once secluded from the outworld, she was safe to speed away so that is what she did. At least she had some form of exercise while she was running, plus this way she was faster back at home and with her husband and children. 

Walking through the door, she was immediately met by the worried faces of her husband and family. His siblings, Niklaus and Kol, were there as wel as Caroline and Rebekah but her children and siblings were gone. 

"Kailee!" Elijah exclaimed, quickly getting up and going to her at the door. "We've been worried sick, you were gone when I woke up. Where have you been?"