Extra - Original Prologue

Hello everyone! 

To celebrate the ending of this story, I wanted to share the original prologe for this story. 

As you all know, I have changed the storyline a couple of times before I settled on this story, which turned out better than I ever could've imagined. 

I kept it all this time because I always knew I wanted to share this with you, so here it is! 

.

.

.

.

Village (Mystic Falls)
Winter, 1000 A.D.

A young, beautiful young woman arrived in the village where she would live.

Kailee Henderson was an 18 year old young woman who had decided to move after her family died in a fire at her old house. She had stayed in that same village for three months but couldn't take it anymore, everything reminded her of her family. After a long time thinking everything through, she sent her mother's friend, Ayana, a message, asking her if she could come live with her. She soon got an answer, stating that Ayana would be glad to have her.

So, she quickly took all the essential things and left to the next town, which she reached within the day.

At nightfall, she finally reached the village that would be her home from that moment on. As it wasn't dark yet, a lot of people were still out, doing chores.

Having no idea where Ayana lived, she walked through the village, hoping to spot her but no such luck. What did happen, though, was a young blonde woman bumping into her with a basket full of clothes. The (literal) bump-in caused all the clothes sprawling everywhere around.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." The young blonde apologized.

"Oh no, it is fine."

The blonde woman looked to be around Kailee's age, if only a few years younger, two at most. She had long wavy blonde hair that had two side braids, keeping her hair out of her face and blue eyes that suited her completely. She looked like a soft and nice girl.

Kailee helped her clean the mess up and helped her stand up with the basket. The blonde girl smiled softly at the other woman before frowning.

"I've never seen you here." She said, still frowning.

"No, I've just arrived, I'm supposed to stay with Ayana, I'm-" She started but got cut off by the blonde.

"You're Kailee, the daughter of a friend of Ayana. I'm Rebekah, the daughter of another friend of Ayana." Rebekah introduced herself.

Kailee smiled. "Hello. Sorry for not watching, it's my fault you're probably late."

"You are right! I'm late! I'm so sorry, I have to go!" She apologized before frowning.

Kailee smiled before stopping Rebekah. "Wait! One question! Where does Ayana live?"

"Oh, in the cottage next to us but she is not there. She should be out with my parents, you could join me if you'd like?" Rebekah proposed.

Kailee thought about it, before nodding. "I would appreciate that, thank you."

"That is no problem. Come on." She said before leading her the way.

In front of her house were two men fighting with swords. Ayana had warned her that it wasn't normal here that a woman knew how to wield a sword, but Kailee was a perfect shield maiden and had joined two raids before with her father and brother.