Chapter 15

Good times become good memories
Bad times become good lessons

~Tumblr~

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Kailee was driving to the high school when she got a text from Niklaus, saying she didn't need to bother with the high school and come to the Lockwood mansion. 

Pulling up to the mansion, they could see people- even people who aren't in High School with them- coming up the stairs onto the porche and enter the party. 

"Funeral, huh?" Henrik asked as he stood next to Kailee. 

Kailee smiled. "Jup, that is your brother these days." 

"Yeah, I heard the tales of uncle Nik but this just proves it all. Uncle Nik isn't uncle Nik anymore." Her daughter said from beside her. 

"Yes, he is." Henrik argued. "Sure, he may not be to the outworld but to us, to me, he was still the same old Nik I love and grew up with. He may have changed but he's the same to us." 

"We'll just need to learn and live with that." Alexander said. 

"Indeed." Henrik said. 

"Hey, why don't you guys go ahead and go in, we'll find you in a second." Kailee said with a smile, wanting to talk to Henrik in private. "Go ahead and get something to drink. Search for 'Bekah when you see her." 

"Sure." Lysa said and dragged her brother in. 

Kailee couldn't keep her eyes off her daughter, only thinking about how much she grew up. The dress she wore only rubbed it in her face some more.  

She was wearing a little black dress with beige high heels and her hair was down in waves, falling onto the middle of her back. 

"She's grown up." Henrik commented. 

Kailee nodded. "Yeah, she is. But I wanted to talk to you about what you said. About Niklaus." 

"Did I say something wrong to your children?" 

"No, not at all! It's just, are you able to do what you just said? Get used to your brother having two personalities? One for us and another for the rest of the world?" She asked. 

He sighed. "It will be hard, I know that but I want my brother back and I know he won't act the same towards me, towards us, as he acts towards the outworld. I have to get used to it if I want my brother back. I will get used to that." 

She nodded with  a small smile. "That's everything I wanted to know." She stood straught up and straightened his tie. "Now, are you ready for your father's funeral, wake, whatever this is?" 

"Yup!" 

With a smile, she hooked her arm in his and followed him as he led her through the doors and into the foyer, mere seconds after Caroline walked in with Bonnie. Relying on her supernatural senses, she overheard Caroline complaining. 

"How did he plan a better party than me so fast? What? Is that a band outside?"

"Who are all these people?" Bonnie asked. 

"This is weird! Where is Tyler?" 

"Who's that?" Henrik asked, following her gaze to the two girls. 

"Caroline Forbes and Bonnie Benett. Caroline is Niklaus' soulmate or so I think." She told him with a smile. "I was present at prank night, the first time they saw each other, I saw the connection they had."