Chapter 22

Tell a lie once and all of your truths become questionable. 

~Unknown~ 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Kailee laughed as her sister, Ayanna, gave her opinion in her own Ayanna-way. 

"Your ass looks fat, yet your boobs don't get justice." She said. "It's not right for the occasion anyway. Get back and change." 

"Fine." Kailee said as she changed out of the black dress and took the blue dress Ayanna had chosen. Quickly pulling it on, she stepped out and twirled in front of her younger sister. "And?" 

"When did you get a tattoo?" 

"I got it a little while ago along with Nik and Henrik." She shrugged, not paying her tattoo much mind. It was the same feather tattoo Niklaus had. "What do you think of the dress?" 

"I like it." Ayanna said, not sounding convinced. "I'd like to do something with your hair to see the total package. What are you going to do?" 

"Well, Elijah always liked my hair down but I always like to keep it out of my face." 

"Half updo?" The young girl asked, slowly getting off her bed. "Can I do something? I learned this new braided hairstyle." 

The oldest girl sat down in front of her vanity. "Yes, please. If you want." 

Nearly two hours later, Kailee walked into the living room fully ready. She was wearing a blue dress with a cutout back and black heels. Her hair was half up with braids and as for jewelry, she was wearing simple earrings and her necklaces underneath her dress. 

"I'm ready." She said, standing beside Henrik. All three looked at her with wide eyes. "What? Do I not look good?" 

"Ye- Yeah, you do." Her brother in law said. "Quite nice, too nice maybe." 

"Too nice? How do I look too nice?" 

"It's just... I can't imagine my brother being very happy with his wife wearing a dress like that. It clings to your body and you have a cutout back." He continued. "But, I really think you look nice. Very you." 

"Thank you." She said with a smile. "Let's go, we don't want to be late." 

"No,-" her son said, "-we don't." 

"Let's go." Her daughter said, leading her brother out of the door. 

Before her brother in law could leave her apartment, she pulled him back and looked at him worriedly. "Do you think Elijah will be mad at me when he sees me in this? I mean, he might not remember yet, but-" 

"Kailee, don't worry." Henrik cut her off. "He'll love it but he might be slightly irritated that you wear that dress in public but I think you look lovely and should wear it if you like it and feel comfortable in it." 

"You're right." Kailee said, nodding. "Let's go." 

Offering his arm, Henrik led his sister in law out to her car. He still didn't know how to drive but he was learning with Kailee's help though he would let her drive now. Opening the door for her, he made sure she was strapped in before going to his own side. 

Not even 15 minutes later, the two pulled up in front of the mansion and were stunned by the amount of people at the party. She had expected a lot of people, sure but not the whole damn town. She was just counting on at least half the town. 

They looked at each other and nodded, ready to be confronted by seeing the whole family that didn't remember them. 

They walked through the doors side by side, immediately spotting her chilren. They walked over and started talking. Ever since they had been in the present, Kailee had not spent as much time with them as they all wanted but she had been hogged by Henrik for a very long time and then later came Niklaus and even Rebekah, if even for a small amount time.