Chapter 4

"I'm not even sure I'm allowed to do this. Technically I'm still working." I hold a small glass cup in my hand, tilting it to swish the tan liquid around.

"Nah, it's alright. Will's cool. He won't tell your boss." He smiles and brings his own glass to his lips, draining the remaining liquid. He does everything with a bounce, as if there's too much energy within him to sit completely still. 

"How do you know Will?" My hidden question behind this is "You come here often?"

He smiles. "Better than most people; he's my brother."

"Small world." He nods.

Louis led us to the bar area, which is considerably quieter than the rest of the club. The strippers stayed on the stage, and with them, the music.

"Besides. What's life without risks." He chuckles.

"I feel like I'm the only one talking, so what made you decide to work here?" He motions to the bartender for another drink.

"I worked at a strip club before. Recently actually. Like last week recent. My boss was an ass though, so here I am." 

The bartender returns with his drink and slides it across the long table to Louis. "It's right outside of London. It's called 'Explicit'. Like explicit content."

Louis looks at my full glass. "Not the type of drink for you?" I hesitate, not wanting to offend him somehow.

He notices this and takes the glass from my hand, taking a sip of it himself. His nose crinkles and he makes a gagging noise. "Gah. That's bloody awful! No wonder you hate it."

He hands me his. "Try this." I take a sip and nod.

"Much better." I steal another swig. This one is sweeter, unlike the sour drink I ordered earlier.

"Hey now, get your own." His voice holds no offense, just a little bit of teasing. He takes it back and finishes it off. I try not to think about sharing a drink with a stranger.

The bartender makes a face at us when he notices Louis calling him again. He doesn't even look twice before disappearing under the counter and pulling out two drinks.

"Having a brother who works here doesn't erase your tab, Tomlinson." He speaks with a dull tone.

Louis hands me a drink and takes the other for himself, this time slowing down and drinking slower. He's already buzzing with alcohol. "I told you Benjamin, call me Louis."

Benjamin tries to hide his smile as he lazily leans against the counter. "And I told you, Tomlinson, call me Ben."

"Benjamin likes to flirt. Fortunately for him, so do I. If only I returned his undying love." Louis' attention directs back towards me. "Cheers. For a great night to remember." We click glasses.

Ben is pulled away by another customer demanding a refreshment.

Louis finishes his shot in record time. "Hey- want to make a bet?" He doesn't wait for me to answer. "I bet you that I can take more shots than you can before puking and or passing out."

I think about it for a moment. I'll only be here for a month. Might as well make it fun right?

"You're on, Tomlinson." I smile deviously. "What's life without risks, right?"

"Okay so it's a tie." Louis offers, swaying a little in his seat. He looks a little nauseous.