Chapter 78

TWO WEEKS LATER

Harry's POV:

This is it. Today is the big day.

I peek my head around the corner, having hidden long enough from my problems. It's time to face what I've done like an adult.

She's standing beside Beck, her shoulder leaning on the wall and her back to me. I can't see her face from this angle but her hair is down, which is different. I've only seen Katrina in a ponytail.

I suck up my pride and begin walking towards them. I've seen Beck since moving away from London but Katrina and I haven't talked since...

"You're a dick." My hand reaches to punch Beck's shoulder. "So is your dog."

Beck rubs his shoulder tenderly, cursing at me. I can see Katrina's eyes on me out of the corners of my vision. I look cautiously at her, my breath nearly being knocked out of me.

Her eyes look twice as large as usual, silver eyeshadow smeared onto her eyelids and mascara making her eyelashes stretch in an attempt to reach her eyebrows. Her lips are a shade of dark pink, her hair curled into loose waves.

"You look amazing," I gape. Katrina blushes, shaking her head a bit so that she can hide behind her hair.

I try searching her face for anger, remorse, anything. All I get back is a look of content.

Beck clears his throat.

"We've come along way from slapping each other, haven't we Kat?"

He gets a slap to the face. It's a loving slap, though, and it's not very hard. It brings a laugh out of him although he still holds onto his cheek.

"I told you not to call me that." I look at Beck's attire, seeing the same white ballet-type material covering his skin. It matches mine. Katrina is wearing a loose white dress that flows down to her ankles, white gloves on her hands. I have yet to put mine on.

I give Beck a pointed look when the conversation fails to pursue any further. He fails to get it, Katrina smirking at the ground all the while.

"Beck, don't you have to piss or something?" I ask, frustrated that he isn't reading the awkward vibe as a need for me and Katrina to talk alone. He's hopelessly clueless.

"I actually just went," Beck sighs and leans back on his heels. His eyes wander around the back stage area. I would be drowning in awkwardness if the situation wasn't so hilarious.

"Did you make sure to turn the headlights off on your car?"

"Yup," he says, still completely unaware of the situation. I huff in annoyance.

"Beck?"

"Hhm?"

"Can Katrina and I talk alone?" I watch his face as realization hits him. His expression goes from deer in the headlights to a smug son of a bitch.

"Okayyyyy..." He walks away with a sly grin on his face. He may not know the details but he knows that something definitely happened between me and Katrina. I give him the middle finger.

I breathe a sigh of relief when he's gone. Idiot.

Katrina is the first one to interrupt the silence.

"You don't have to apologize, Harry." The tension between us is suffocating. Every word is strained and every muscle in my body is flexed.

"Yeah, I kind of do."

"I'd rather just forget about it," she rolls her eyes and chews on her lip. I notice that she hasn't met my eyes since I approached. She may act like this is just water off of her back, but what I did isn't excusable.