Chapter 46

Harry's POV:

"What about this?" I hold up a bright green phone case, displaying it for Aaron.

"Um no. No offense but you're not helping here." He walks ahead of me to scan the items on the shelves around us, searching for a present for Louis' birthday tomorrow. Will is away preparing my penthouse for the party tonight. There was discussion on doing it today or tomorrow. We decided on today since tomorrow is Christmas Eve and everyone will probably be busy.

It was hard organizing everything in less than a week, but we've done it. All that is left is presents. I've already gotten mine for Louis, but Aaron can't say the same.

"Well what did you want for your birthday?" Other than a strip tease, I mentally add. The memory still gives me shivers.

Aaron smirks. "I know what you're thinking, and I didn't even ask for the strip tease. Louis did it as a prank. It wasn't very funny, though, when it ended up being his brother. And I ended up dating him."

I spot a box of lollipops and hold it up, shrugging. Aaron laughs.

"I brought you along so you could help me. And so far you aren-" A grin lights up his face and I can almost see the gears turning in his head.

He squints his eyes in concentration, focused on my face. I widen my eyes and smile, feeling uncomfortable.

"Actually, Harry, you'll be able to help me after all."

Louis' POV:

Harry hasn't texted or called at all today. I had planned on going Christmas tree shopping today since we've yet to purchase one and Christmas is two days away, but it's hard making plans when the other person won't respond to my texts.

So I stay home all day, tidying things up. I've taken better care of my place since Harry now stays over half of the time. I even dust for the first time since buying the apartment.

I wash the bed sheets and sweep the floors with a dusty broom found in the back of the small closet off of my kitchen. I didn't even know that I own a broom.

I fluff the couch pillows and wash dishes. I clean the bathroom top to bottom and by the time I'm done everything is spotless. Except me, of course.

With a sigh I strip off my dirty clothes and toss them in the hamper in the bathroom, stepping into the shiny shower and turning the hot water on.

I let the hot water fall onto my back and soak into my hair. I stay like that for a while remembering the shower Harry and I took together. It was probably the most intimate thing we've done, even though we did nothing sexual except snog a bit. I've never taken a shower with anyone before Harry.

I transfer shampoo onto my hand and then lather it in my hair. I really need a haircut. My hair has been getting in my eyes recently and I'm about tired of it. It's longer than its ever been.

I finish shampooing and conditioning my hair and watch the soap disappear down the drain. I then focus on washing my skin that currently smells like bleach and lemons. The odor is quickly replaced with the smell of grapefruit as I run the loofa over my skin.

After I'm clean and free of my apartment's dirt I step out of the shower. I'm wrapping a towel around my waist as there's a knock at my door. So Harry finally decided to show up.

I turn the light off in the bathroom and open the front door.

Harry's standing in front of me in a plain white t-shirt with black pants, shoes, and a bow tie. And a single rose in his hand. It's orange.