Chapter 20

Harry's POV:

"Why are you pouting?" The man in the bright orange uniform questions. He leans out of the booth to peer down at me in my car.

"Oh so you've decided to acknowledge my existence today. Why makes today any different?" I stare ahead, debating on driving past him and ignoring his annoying banter.

"I always say hello."

I scoff. "A slight nod in my direction isn't a proper greeting. Can I go now?" I'm not in the mood right now.

"You're already tired of me?"

I huff in annoyance. "Very much so."

He smiles. "Want a peppermint? They're the green ones."

I shake my head. "I want to go to my job before I'm late. Lift the stick thing would you?"

He laughs. "The stick thing?"

I look up at him for the first time tonight. "I could always drive through it." I'm in my car tonight so it wouldn't be very difficult to break it in half.

"Fine Mr. Pissy Pants. Go ahead and take your bad vibes with you."

I ignore this and nearly hit the top of my car on the neon yellow restraint as it is rising.

My usual spot is taken so I park further out from the door. I turn the vehicle off and strain my eyes. I swear I just saw movement in the shadows towering over the side of the building.

I step out of the car and shine my flashlight app at the darkness, illuminating the shadows in a bright white light.

Will and Aaron pull apart immediately with a loud pop, a strand of saliva between their lips. Will bats it away with his hand.

"Harry? What are you doing?"

I rub my eyes dramatically. "Trying to un-see that. You couldn't get a room?"

Aaron pulls his leg from in between Will's and struggles to catch his breath. "It was just a quick snog before work, nothing major."

I roll my eyes. "I just... didn't know you two were dating. Ugh gosh. Way to start out my day."

Will moves closer to me and slings an arm over my shoulder. "Come on Harry loosen up a little," he says playfully.

He drags me inside with his arm still around my shoulder. Aaron follows behind.

"I thought it was employees only back here?" I don't mind but I don't want them getting in trouble.

"Usually, but boss man doesn't come to work on Fridays." What he means is 'what he doesn't know won't hurt him.'

"Oh." Will let's go of me and by now we are down the long hallway and in the dressing rooms. We are the only three people here.

"Where is everyone?"

"Probably sleeping still. We don't go on for another hour so they'll show up sometime between then."

I am about to ask why they are here so early before I realize that they weren't planning on being interrupted for probably another thirty minutes.

Aaron sits beside me and Will sighs. "I'm going to go shower."

He disappears before I can question this. So instead I turn to Aaron. "Why didn't he take one at home?"

Aaron blushes. "It eh, broke."

"What? Why?"

"Somehow the shower head ripped completely out. Can you believe that?" He smirks, I'm clearly missing something here.