Chapter 15

Harry's POV:

I drive to 17Black for the second time today. Everything is illuminated slightly with the morning sun.

No one gives me so much as a second glance as I walk into the workout room, taking off my jacket and shirt and shoes. I choose the tread mill first and turn it on to a medium setting.

I run until my lungs are about to explode and move on to the punching bag, sliding on one of the set of boxing gloves hanging on the wall.

I punch the bag again and again, every hit pulling me further from reality.

I try counting the times I hit the heavy bag. I stop at one hundred and count to one hundred again, and then again.

I only stop when someone walks in. They give me a weird look and I ignore them, hitting it repeatedly until I have to sit down or I'm afraid that I'll pass out.

I try to sit on the bench but there's four of them, moving around in my mind and I try to single out the real one as I sit down. I miss the seat and I fall onto the mat, not able to catch myself with my exhausted arms and hitting the mat hard. I groan and lay there, not being able to summon enough energy to sit up.

"Are you okay man?" The person in the room rushes over to me.

"Stay here, I'll be right back," he says even though it's obvious that I won't be going anywhere soon.

I try relaxing but it's impossible as I gasp for air, coughing violently and shaking. I begin to drift off until he returns, sitting down by my side.

"Drink this," he says, holding a bottle to my lips. I try to catch the water in my mouth but some still spills down my neck. I calm down a little from the hydration.

I drink most of the bottle before I can even think about sitting up. I do, his hand on my back supporting me as I struggle to sit up.

I get a good look at his face, he's clearly older than me. A small stubble lines his chin. He has messy hair like mine, but much smaller. His face seems like the type that's always cheerful.

"Nick." He tells me, offering his hand. He has a wide grin on his face.

I take his hand. "Harry."

Nick chuckles. "I know. I saw your performance last night. I'm the sound engineer for the club."

Oh. "Sorry for er... falling."

"Yeah what was that about?" He helps me to my feet. I grab onto his shoulders for support and shakily try standing on my own.

"I haven't slept much for the past three days. Too nervous and honestly everything is just confusing at the moment. And I ran too much on the tread mill and hit that bag too many times."

He nods. "It's hard to sleep when the city itself is always awake."

"What are you doing in here? If you don't mind me asking."

"I work out sometimes. Gotta keep these guns in check." He bulks his arm muscles and makes pow pow noises.

I laugh and go put my shirt back on. It's way too hot for my jacket so I leave it off.

"Thanks for the help."

He nods. "Anytime."

I begin to walk out. I'm tired of this place.

"Hey Harry?"

I stop mid-exit and turn around. "Yeah?"

"Do you have any plans for today?"

Oh no. "Listen, I'm not intereste-"

Nick chuckles. "I'm not asking you on a date. Relax. I was just going to ask if you wanted to help me with some tunes I've been messing with. You know, to get an opinion on them."

I weigh my options. I can either go home to an empty penthouse and drink my troubles away, or stay here with a complete stranger and listen to his music.

He seems nice enough.

"Yeah okay."

~~ Author's Note ~~

To clear up any confusion "Nick" is the Nick Grimshaw. Comment and vote please and thanks for reading!