Chapter 60

Harry's POV:
I wake up on a hospital bed. You know, like in the movies. Except I don't wake up peaceful and serene, I jolt awake with my hand grasping the air. I'm searching for Will's hand, still desperate to keep him safe even now.

"You're awake." I jump at the unexpected arrival of the doctor. Or maybe he's been standing there the entire time. I don't know. Don't care quite frankly.

The door is ajar. I try seeing outside the white washed room, but I can't see much past the door. Where is Louis?

"Obviously." I want Louis.

The doctor moves to the side of my bed and immediately shoves a needle into my index finger. He rubs my blood on a slate and sets it on the table. His hands reach out to steady my back as I sit up. I feel a little dizzy, but it's nothing too serious. I just need a minute to catch my breath.

"Your condition isn't fatal. We ran a few tests and you will be fine after gaining the oxygen back into your system. Your blood isn't lacking much oxygen. Just focus on breathing for now." As if I would forget to breathe.
I put my hands on the cushion next to my thighs and take a deep breath. My lungs feel clear. There's no rattling so I suppose that's good.

"What about the other guy with me? Will?" I'm afraid of the answer. What if all of that was for nothing?

The answer is clear on the medic's face. Will's condition can be fatal.

I chew on my lip. "Oh."
I stand up abruptly. My head lurches and I'm caught by the man as I fall.
"I need to see him." That's why Louis isn't with me. He's with Will.

The medic shakes his head.

"I can't take you anywhere. You need to focus on breathing and-"

"No I don't! I need to make sure that he's okay!" The guy takes a step back. I didn't mean to shout.

I sit down and rub the bridge of my nose.

"What's his condition?" I don't want to know. I need to know.

The doctor sighs and hooks his hands behind his back.

"That is patient confidentiality." I'm about to call bullshit when I'm interrupted by a nurse peeking her head in the room. Her and my doctor whisper something quietly and then he's turning back to me.

"You'll need to stay here overnight. We still need to run a few more tests and monitor your condition." And then he's leaving the room at a brisk pace.

I'm pacing around the room like a lion trapped in a cage. I need to see Louis. He needs me to be with him right now and I'm perfectly fine so I should be allowed to leave but I'm not and it is pissing me off.

I pace around the room until I'm gasping for breath and have to sit down on the edge of the bed. I grip the corners tightly.

I'm not going to stay in here any longer.

I slide on my jeans. I was put into one of those lame coverup blue robes the hospital patients wear. It makes me feel violated when I realize that someone at some point saw me naked.

At least I don't have some weird fire fetish that gave me a raging boner.
With one glance down the hallway, I'm sneaking out of my room. It's actually pretty easy. This is a hospital, not a jail.
I give up on being sneaky after a nurse gives me a weird look. I should have put my shirt on also, to blend in better, but it was covered in soot and I figure that that would be way more suspicious than a patient roaming the halls. At least now I can act like I am searching for a loo.