Chapter 45

When I wake up I have one thing on my mind: Run.

I'm confused and scared as I open my eyes to see the sky above me, familiar yellow paint next to me, and dark leather seats under me. I'm in Nick's car.

I must have seemed startled because Nick speaks up next to me. "You're awake." I rub my eyes and try to shake the feeling of needing to escape.

"Yeah. I must have had a nightmare or something..." I lift my head off of the side of the window I was leaning on and rub my sore cheek.

"What happened?" I try organizing my thoughts but all that I can remember is being scared to ride the elevator and looking at the city below me. Everything else is a blur.

Nick yawns. He looks sleepy too.

"You fell asleep as I was driving you back to your car. Maybe Sleepy Styles is a better nickname than Scared Styles," he grins in the seat next to me.

I wonder how long I was sleeping. I feel bad that Nick probably sat there the entire time waiting for me to wake up. I yawn also and sit up in my seat.

Out of habit I check my phone. Louis hasn't even called. I'm a little worried, but mostly hurt that he hasn't tried to contact me at all. We haven't spent an entire twenty four hours without each other since we started dating, so it feels a little weird being without him.

I quickly make the decision to drive over to his apartment after getting my car. I can even surprise him with a coffee.

Do I just leave? Or thank Nick? For what exactly?

I cough to break through the silence.

"I'm going to go then. Thanks for inviting me, I had fun." I check to make sure that my wallet is still in my pocket, and then I step out of his fancy car. Nick waves goodbye before driving away slowly.

Louis' POV:

"No he wasn't there! I've checked everywhere and I can't find him. Don't patronize me Aaron." I want to throw the phone on the ground but it would accomplish nothing.

I hear shuffling on the other line. "Aaron? We are sort of in a crisis right now in case you haven't noticed."

More shuffling. And then voices. "Are you talking to someone? Who?" The voice sounds familiar, but I can't hear enough to-

"Will? Is Will there? Aaron I'm going to kick your ass if you don't answer me." Why is Will there at Aaron's?

Finally he answers me. "Yeah it's Will. Hey listen I'll call you back."

"What? No you can't Harry is still-" And then silence. I curse at him even though he's already hung up.

I've officially lost Harry. Only I can manage to lose a six foot person.

I hadn't freaked out until I took a visit to his penthouse, my apartment, the 17Black parking lot, and he wasn't at any of those locations. What if something happened to him? He could be in danger and I don't even know where he is.

I'm too caught up in trying to find Harry that I don't notice Harry's car parking along the sidewalk, and Harry stepping out with a cup of coffee in one hand and a small brown bag in the other.

"Excuse me sir but do you happen to know who takes hold in this residence?" I whip around and for one split second my eyes lock with Harry's. I'm frozen in shock and Harry is flashing that stupid smirk at me.

"Where the hell have you been?" I sound like a strict parent but I don't care. All of that fear I've built up the past two hours has quickly taken a U-turn into anger.