Chapter 86

"I'd like to say somewhere in here that I look forward to waking up next to you every morning, that I'm ready to spend forever with you, and all of that other crap that straight people do. But the truth is that I already wake up with you and I have known that we are forever for a long time now so nothing's really different except for the paperwork and official titles of husbands. You wanted a wedding, though, so I'm giving you one because you deserve the world and at least a wedding. I had meant to write you a poem, but it didn't turn out that way. So sorry. To me a poem sounds the best when it rhymes and trying to rhyme something with husbands is just impossible. Sorry again. I honestly don't really see the point in this but you should have the title you want so I'll marry you Harry." A small smile emerges onto Louis' lips as the giant clothed in a tux standing beside him beams. He's already said his vows, and of course they were perfect. Louis' just trying to compete. "Get it. 'Cause it rhymes."

The crowd cheers and claps as Harry kisses his husband before he's told to, holding onto Louis' back as he dips him. Louis doesn't even flinch, just goes limp and allows Harry to hold him. He's trusted Harry with more.

They break away with a shared laugh, their silver rings dazzling next to the rings with the bears.

(Harry really really wanted Louis to wear a wedding dress with lace but the suggestion only earned him a smack. The wedding is still perfect even without a gown, because two tuxes are just as nice.)

Louis' POV:

"There's my girl!" I call when I catch sight of Will approaching me and holding Adelaide in his arms. She's wearing a small white dress and a matching flower headband, the dress curtesy of Harry and the flower from Aaron's greenhouse. Her mouth opens in a wide smile, gums flashing and a few teeth peeking out. She cries out to make Will put her down, her arms flailing.

I mistake her excitement for myself and bend down, holding my hands out for her to run into. Her stubby legs stumble right on past me, though, and I'm confused until I see who's behind me.

"Traitor," I groan. Harry laughs and picks her up, Addie the perfect image of endearment on her face as she stares at him. She's completely fascinated by him, and he feels the same about her, even though her hands tend to get knotted in his curls.

"Oh, come on Louis, don't blame her. We all like Harry better," a voice chirps from beside me. I turn to see Aaron smirking at my betrayal. I twist his nipple under my thumb.

I hold onto my chest with my palm, leaning back as if I've been shot.

"Ouch. I'm wounded," I purposely strain my voice, trying not to laugh. "I think I need a kiss to make it better."

Harry perks up immediately, but I direct my gaze to Adelaide. She's frowning in worry, truly believing that I'm injured. She's taken up playing nurse with her stuffed animals, and I'm using her interest to my advantage.

I lean forward to put my cheek near her face, smiling proudly when she smacks a wet kiss to my skin. I breathe a fake sigh of relief.

"Thanks Addie," I wipe my brow in relief.

"Just remember her first word," Harry reminds me, jealousy clear in his face.

I remember the day clearly, Harry and I feeding her baby mash and Harry making airplane noises. I kept scolding him for not letting me feed her, but that backfired when 'Areet was uttered from her mouth. Not Harry, or even 'Arry, but 'Arret. That's his name now around the house.

She's able to say Harry's name correctly now, but it doesn't change anything. I'm barely ever acknowledged by her, but when I am I'm just "Boo." I'm guessing that she got that from the time that Will mocked me from how my nickname when I was little was Boo Bear, but if I remember correctly she was sleeping when that happened so I'm not sure.