Chapter 39

I open my phone and read Will's reply.

** Okay, what about seven?" **

I quickly text Will that that's fine and put my phone away so I can admire Harry's back muscles. My eyes trace the muscular lines leading into his jeans and the way his shirt hugs his shoulders.

I look away quickly as Harry turns around. His eyes land on me and I stand up.

"You didn't get a sticker for participation? You must have been horrible, they even give the stickers to the crying children," I tease as we exit the building. He doesn't reply until we are away from the rain and in his car.

Harry leans over and presses a lingering kiss to my cheek. His hand takes mine as he cranks the car.

"I was on my best behavior," he promises with a smile. Something is off, though, but I can't pinpoint it. It may just be my imagination.

Harry sighs and flips the switch to turn the windshield wipers on.

"Is it alright if we go out to eat with Will and Aaron tonight?" I check the time, since we have to be there at seven. It's four. We were in that doctor's office for nearly two hours.

Harry nods. "Yeah that's great. Hey Louis?" I squeeze his hand lightly.

"Mmhm?" I have to speak louder than usual due to the heavy rain pattering on the top of the car.

"Uh... Never mind." Harry let's go of my hand and holds the steering wheel instead. I frown and try to act like I don't miss his hand in mine.

I'm about to pry further into this when he coughs. "What time are we meeting them?"

I raise an eyebrow but say nothing else on the subject. I tell him seven and stare out of the window, pouting a little. If he doesn't want to tell me then fine.

Harry, sensing my irritation, lays a hand on my knee. I reach past him to turn the radio on, ceasing the uneasy silence between us.

"What did the doctor say?" I ask, because that was the reason we went anyways.

He frowns. "Just that I'm adjusting to the move and the schedule change at work."

Harry's POV:

Louis is mad at me, I can see it. I can't tell him what the doctor really said, though, because that would make Louis want to do something about it. And doing something about it would mean leaving me.

He suddenly becomes interested in the designs on the leather seat. I sigh, not wanting to displease him but also not willing to tell him what the doctor told me.

I absently treed my fingers through his hair, knowing perfectly well how much he likes that. His eyes flutter shut and I move my fingers around his scalp. I tell myself to focus on the road and not on the way Louis is chewing on the inside of his lip.

He leans forward and my hand falls from his hair. I'm afraid that I've upset him further but then I see the faint smirk on his face and know that I've only rilled him up.

"You know we have two hours until we have to meet Will and Aaron..." I grin deviously. Louis raises an eyebrow.

"...and," I continue. "I really need a shower companion."

"We probably should have stopped by your house first." I say as Louis turns the heat up on the shower knob.

"Ouch," I wince as he turns the temperature up too far. He laughs instead of apologizing.

"You have a cute butt," I compliment. I pinch it for emphasis. Louis squeals and kisses my cheek, his bare chest rubbing against mine.