Chapter 31

Harry's POV:

"Harry?"

"Hi Nick." I nod and scoot over so he can walk past me.

He stays where he is. "What are you still doing here so late?" Nick puts his hands in his pockets.

He shuts the door and sits down beside me on the curve. My butt is sore from sitting here so long.

"Waiting." I state truthfully. I huff, puffs of warm air blowing out of my mouth. Nick has his usual goofy smile plastered on his face.

"For an hour?" Should I ask him for a ride? I don't know him that well but I don't see any other options.

"Yeah," I sigh in defeat. "I've been blown off I suppose."

"Well do you need a ride?" He offers, saving me the humiliation of asking myself. I nod slowly.

"Okay fine," he laughs. "But you owe me." I like his light spirit. It's almost impossible to be sad around him. I smile.

"I listened to your music for an hour. Consider us even." I smirk at him.

Nick stands up and dusts his pants off. I do the same, my legs stiff from sitting so long. "Smart ass. That's my car over there," he points to a yellow sports car.

"That's yours?" I gape. It must have costed a fortune.

"Well that is what I said isn't it," Nick jokes, bumping his shoulder against mine.

"I call shotgun," I laugh.

I give Nick the directions to Louis' apartment, so I can get my car and have a way to get to work tomorrow. I'm still deciding on whether or not to confront Louis about this. I've never been one to stand up in a relationship, the first sign of the other person pulling away and I give up immediately. I guess it's more of a self esteem issue.

"I've found a place for my club," Nick begins. He's smiling proudly.

"Really? That's great!" I congratulate.

"Yeah, I don't have the money right now though, but the landlord said that no one seems interested at the moment so I still have time to get it." I notice him tapping his left foot against the floor. I nod and look out the darkly tinted window. London is beautiful at night. With all of the buildings lit up it is breathtaking.

"Why were you there so late?" The thought occurs to me. He should get off the same time we do. Yet he was there an hour after I got off.

He shrugs. "I was working on something." Nick keeps his eyes on the road and reaches in the side compartment to get a cd. He pops it into the radio and presses a few buttons.

The car comes alive with deep vibrations and I'm taken aback by the loud beats. There's no one singing in front of the music, it's just the music itself. Nick taps his fingers on the steering wheel to match the song, his face resembling a parent at a graduation ceremony. I can tell he's worked hard on this.

It's really good, and as the bass drops I feel like I'm not even in his car. The music takes me to a different place entirely. The car hums against the music and it's an amazing combination, the lights rushing past us and the song playing loudly. I'm sad when it ends.

"That was wicked." I talk a little louder than needed, my hearing off some.

"I know," he boasts. I sock him on the arm playfully.

"I was thinking of a name for the club, and I just can't seem to think of anything I like. So far I have- Purple Moon, Orchid Lounge, and Wild Things." I can't tell if he's serious or not. I'm overcome in a series of laughing fits and Nick frowns.