Chapter #7

Part 19

Cas looked up in surprise, he was happy for his brother. He knew his brother was gay and when Gabe came out he didn't think different about him. He came out 4 years ago, for some reason he didn't get bullied even Alistair stayed friends with him. Somehow he began thinking about Dean, he didn't really knew Dean but he knew Alistair bullied him. Dean wasn't a nerd or something like that, he just wasn't populair. The rest of the school didn't bully Dean because somehow he didn't care about what anybody thought and if someone tried to bully him he would fight back and after that they would be best friends. Gabe was just like that. "Hi" Gabe shook Cas out of his thoughts. Cas looked at him with his tilted a little to the left in confusion. "Are you going to respond or are you going to stand there for the rest of your life?" Gabe continued. Cas realised again what Gabe had told him and he didn't know why he kept thinking about Dean. He was here to forget about him. Before he got lost in his thoughts again he said. "Uhm... I'm sorry. I just got lost in my thoughts. I'm really happy for you Gabe. I would like to meet him when you 2 are together for real." Gabe laughed slightly. "Okay, thank you Cas. I just met him yesterday so don't expect anything too soon," Cas and Gabe laughed and they had enough wood so they were heading back to Balthazar, who was still trying to get the fire started. He sighed in frustration. "I don't think this will work, we should have brought gasoline. Sorry Cas and Gabe for dragging you guys along." He began walking away and Gabe walked behind him. Cas was angry, he was beginning to enjoy this and now it didn't work?! "Guys!" His mouth began speaking before he even knew what he wanted to say. "I'm not giving up!" Again his mouth spoke before realising it. He saw a stick lying on the ground and he began hitting the pile of movies. Balthazar and Gabe turned and laughed, they relieved Cas finally lost control, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Part 20

Gabe and Balthazar just stood and watched Cas destroy the movie boxes with the stick. After about 20 minutes he stopped, the boxes were in pieces and spread over a part of the field. "I'm sorry," he began "I just lost it a bit." He was looking at his shoes and smiled shy. He wasn't the popular guy anymore, right now he was shy and vulnerable. Gabe saw that he was sad and couldn't help but feel bad for him. "Hey, " he hoped Cas would look at him, he did. "It's okay, we all lose it sometimes." Cas felt relieved, this is why he loved his big brother. To break the awkward silence Gabe said, "come on, let's get something to eat." He now looked at Balthazar, he just stood and watched the brothers. "Do you want to come too?" Gabe said to him. Balthazar shook his head and explained. "No I can't. I have to be home on time. My mom is scared i'll do something stupid again." Gabe laughed, "You mean like getting arrested because you stole your mom's car and drove to mcdonald's to get a cheeseburger?" Balthazar laughed, "I have learned my lesson and I did that at home, but anyway she wants me home at 9 and it's 8:40 now. Can you bring me home." Cas didn't know time had gone so fast. He was glad though, that meant monday came sooner. Gabe nodded and said. "Sure, let's go." They all walked to the car, Gabe had put it on the side of the road. Cas rode shotgun. They drove to Balthazar's house, they was quiet and the only thing you could hear was the radio. They said their goodbyes and Balthazar got out. His was about 5 houses from Cas and Gabe's house. They didn't go home because they didn't have dinner yet, they knew it was late but they were hungry. Gabe parked his car in the parking lot of the 23 hours open dinner. The food wasn't holy but they had Cas's favourite: Burgers.

Part 21

The diner wasn't very big, it had about 10 tables and the diner was painted red and yellow. You could also sit at a bar. All the tables were set around the bar. Cas and Gabe walked to a table right in front of the bar, they sat down and waited for the waiter. The menu's were already on the table so they thought of what they were going to order while they waited. The waiter came about 3 minutes later. "Hey, i'm Jo. I'm going to be your waiter tonight. Can I take your orders?" Jo was about 17 and she had long dirty blond hair. Cas knew she was going to the same school as him. He didn't have any classes with her but he knew Dean had and her hair had almost the same color as Dean. 'Hold up why am I thinking of Dean I don't care about him!' He thought. Cas's thoughts returned to Jo. Cas already knew what he was going to order but Gabe was still thinking. "I'll take the burger menu and a coke please." Jo was writing Cas's orders in a little note book. "And what can I get you?" She was now looking at Gabe. Gabe was still thinking, when he finally decided on what to get he said. "I'll take the burrito menu and a soda, thank you." Jo wrote Gabe's orders and when she was done she said. "Okay. i'll be bringing your orders shortly." She went in the back and after a few minutes she came back with their drinks. "Here's your coke," She gave Cas his coke. "And here is your soda." She gave Gabe his soda. "The rest is almost done." She went in the back again. Gabe and Cas hadn't said said anything to each other since they dropped of Balthazar, he didn't know why because they weren't mad at each other. The silence was killing Cas because every time there was silence all his thoughts went to Dean and he didn't know why. "Okay why aren't you saying anything? You're Gabe you always have something to say!" He blurted out, regretting saying it immediately.