Chapter 30

Part 88

Gabe laid down and Sam let his head rest on his chest. Their game was long forgotten. They just laid there, enjoying the silence. "So what does this mean?" Sam asked. Gabe ran a hand through Sam's hair and sighed. "Well, I kind of hoped that this meant we were dating." He said. Sam couldn't see his face but he knew Gabe was smirking. "No, I mean yes. I mean what are we going to do now? Are we going to tell people?" Sam asked. Gabe didn't reply and Sam wondered if maybe he went sleep. But after a while Gabe answered. "Look, I don't know if you're out of the closet but I am. I want to be with you. And that means always, not just when we're alone. I don't want to be miserable like Cas. I know Cas is afraid of people's reactions whether or not he'll be accepted, but I also know that it's eating at him. I know he'll come out eventually but I don't want to wait anymore. I'm not afraid, sure I know some people won't accept us but guess what? I don't care and as long as they see that you don't care, they won't care. Everyone knows i'm gay, everyone knows Dean's gay, we don't get bullied. I just hope you don't care too." When Gabe finished, Sam found that he couldn't say anything. So he just moved his head to Gabe's and pressed their lips together. It was only for a second and after that he went back to lay down on Gabe's chest. "I don't care, I want to be with you. So how do come out?" Sam asked, Gabe chuckled slightly. Sam loved the sound of that. "I didn't make a 'coming out speech' I didn't and I still don't see the big deal of being gay. I just told everyone my now ex-boyfriend was coming over for dinner. And that was it." Sam smiled, he didn't want to make a big deal out of it so he decided to do the same, Dean already knew and he was the only one that mattered, at least really mattered. "I want to do it like that." He said before falling asleep.

Part 89

Everyone woke up the next day to go to school. Dean cursed under his breath, he still needed to go home to pick up his books. Cas, Sam and Dean all got in the Impala and Dean rode them to his house and told them to wait and got his and Sam's stuff. He was still in yesterday's clothes but he didn't have enough time to change. When Dean returned he rode them to the school and got out. Cas still wasn't open about their relationship and even though he was slowly but surely falling in love with him, he couldn't stand not holding his hand in public or kissing him goodbye or even telling someone. He kept asking Cas when they would go public but every time Cas said the same thing; soon. Soon was a week ago. But Dean got used to it, he now knew what he could and couldn't do. As always they got to homeroom and sat next to each other, Charlie sat in front of Dean and as always talked to them. What hurt Dean the most was that not even Charlie could know. Charlie knew Dean liked Cas and she always urged him to say something about his feelings, and even now she still said Dean should come clean. It broke his heart, he always told his best friend everything, he even told her when he slept with Cas, and now that they're together, he couldn't say anything. Dean just kept in mind that soon, very soon they'll everyone. He just hoped that it's true. School went by very slow but luckily lunch came. Dean was happy he had a break again. Gabe was already waiting for them at their usual table. Sam went to him and gave him a kiss. What?! Dean thought. Since when are they together. "Wait! What? Why didn't you tell me??" Dean half asked and half yelled. "We didn't want to make a big deal out of it. We're together, that's it. Sure it's awesome, but I wouldn't have made a big statement if I had a girlfriend, so why would I when it's a boyfriend?" Dean just smiled and gave him hug. "I'm really happy for you Sammy." Dean was happy for you but he couldn't help but wish that Cas thought the same way. He looked in Cas's direction and saw that Cas thought the same. He walked towards him and held out his hand "Hey come on. Want to get out of here?" He asked, Cas nodded and took his hand, only to let go moments after taking it. Dean winced at the loss but quickly pulled his normal face up, he was used to this but that didn't mean it hurts less.

Part 90

They didn't say anything on the way over to the hall, there was one hall in the school where no kids were allowed but they never checked, no one ever came there. Dean and Cas didn't know why but they were happy that they had place without people. When they arrived Dean leaned against the wall. Cas stood before him. He sighed and spoke. "So... Sam and Gabe." Dean looked in Cas's eyes and smiled. "Yeah, i'm happy for Sammy, he seems really happy." Cas smiled back. "Yeah, Gabe too." Dean sighed and looked at his shoes before looking in Cas's eyes again. "Are you more com-" Dean was cut off my Cas's lips crashing on his own. He quickly kissed back. His hands found their way around Cas's waist and Cas's hands were thrown around Dean's neck. They just stood there, making out. Until the door suddenly closed. They didn't close the door but apparently the wind outside was strong enough to close it. Cas threw himself of Dean and took a big step backwards. There was about 2 feet between them now. Dean couldn't help the pang of hurt and embarrassment and anger, that he felt through him when he realised what Cas did. Cas was so afraid and embarrassed of himself and Dean. Dean felt as if he was in the closet again and that was something he swore to himself he wouldn't feel again. Dean realised Cas wasn't any closer to coming out as he was 2 weeks ago, and after what happened just then, Dean wasn't so sure he could do it again. "Dean." Cas breathed, Dean figured Cas saw the look on Dean's face and knew what he had done wrong. Without saying something, he pushed himself of the wall and began walking out of the hall. He was stopped by Cas's hand on his arm. "Dean please!" Cas begged. He knew that when Dean walked out, they would be done. "I'm sorry Dean, you know i'm not ready. Please just stay." He begged again. Dean turned around but he wasn't showing the loving and caring look he always had. This Dean was done. "I'm sorry Castiel." Cas winced at the use of his full name. "You know I care about you, I know i'm falling in love with you. And I know you do the same. But I can't do this anymore. I can't force you out of the closet, but you can't force me in it. I have been in the closet and i'm done with that. I still care about you and I hope, that maybe one day, hopefully very soon, we can be friends. And I hope that one day, you accept yourself totally and that you feel comfortable enough with yourself to let the rest of world see it. And I hope that one day, you find someone who makes you happy like I did in the last 2 weeks. But I can't do it anymore. I want to be like Sammy and Gabe, and I know you can't be like that, and I don't blame you but please accept yourself. I'm sorry but this, whatever this was. It's over." And with that he walked out of the hall with tears threatening to spill. Cas watched him as closed the door with a little more force than needed, when Dean was out of sight, he was done fighting the tears. Tears were rolling down his cheek.