Chapter 28

A/N I'm so sorry I didn't update for a few days. I was really busy with school and stuff. I had like 7 big tests last week so yeah. I hope you enjoy this enjoy this chapter. Love you all <3 

-Gloria

Part 82

Cas didn't reply immediately, he was listening to Dean's heartbeat, half expecting to stop suddenly. It didn't. He was deciding on whether to tell Dean or not. It was a miracle he was still here, after everything Cas did. He didn't want to scare him away by something as stupid as a nightmare. Castiel sighed and began. "It doesn't matter. It was nothing" Dean sighed and his hand found itself on Cas's head, running his hand through it. It was so simple but at the same time very comforting. "It wasn't nothing. You were crying and shaking. And muttering awful things. Please" Dean pleaded. "Please tell me. I want to help." Cas sighed, again. He didn't want to scare Dean away but he was making it very hard not to tell anything. "You don't care." He said, he didn't know why he said that. It was clear that Dean did care. It was impossible for Dean not to care. Dean cared about a stranger, Dean cared about everyone. "I do care. Don't you ever think otherwise. I think I made clear today that I do care. I'm not going anywhere. Just tell me. Please." Cas could hear the disappointment in Dean's voice. Like he couldn't believe Cas would think he didn't care. He knew Dean wasn't going to drop it so he decided on telling him. "We were lying in bed. Not a worry in the world, just happy. But... You... You got up and started packing your things. I didn't know what was happening." Cas could hear his own voice breaking and there suddenly was something in his throat. Memories and feelings from the dream came rushing back and there was a tear escaping from his eye. "I stayed still in bed. You didn't know I was awake. You wrote and a note and you were leaving the room before I suddenly stood up and asked were you going. You said you weren't gay and that you didn't want me." He suddenly knew why it was familiar. "Oh my god." Cas sat up and he was now facing Dean. He looked at Cas with confusion. "What?"

Part 83

Guilt came rushing to Cas. The dream... It was what Cas did to Dean. Sure they weren't in love then. He didn't know if they were now. But everything else. The name calling, the denial and maybe even the hurt. "I'm so sorry Dean." It was the only thing he managed to say. Dean sat up too and put and arm around Cas, he pushed the arm away and he sat a few meters away. "I don't deserve that." He said. Dean still didn't understand. "Okay, Cas slow down. What's going on?" Cas sighed and looked at his lap. He was fiddling with his pajama pants. "It's exactly what I did. Sure we weren't living together, but I did treat you like that. I'm so sorry Dean. I don't know why you're here after I did that. I don't get how I didn't scare you away, after you say how much of a coward I was today." dean sighed and chuckled a little. Cas looked at him with confusion. What the hell was so funny? "What?" He said. "Ohh I thought it was something serious." He said bluntly. It only confused Cas more. "What?" He said again. "I'm here because I like you a lot. Sure you were an ass first but you made up. You already apologised. Come here." Dean said. He grabbed Cas's arm and traced his fingers across Cas's scar. "This... this is is just a point of weakness. You're not a coward. No come on and tell me about your dream." He said before pulling Cas into a small kiss and lying down again. Cas's head rested on Dean's chest again and he continued talking about his dream. He told about how Dean said he was a piece of trash and before Dean could say something he had already continued about he was back in that bathroom, about how he wanted to cut himself again. He told about how much he wanted to run. Run away from Dean so he couldn't hurt himself or Dean. He told about how weak he felt. Dean -of course- had comforted him in saying he wasn't going anywhere and he said Cas was special. He told him about how he thought Cas was the strongest person he had ever met. Cas had disagreed with him but Dean just told him that he was never wrong. They didn't know how late it was when they fell asleep, but they do know that when it came. It was peaceful, no nightmares, no 'wrong' dreams. Just sleep. Cas wished he could stay forever like this.

Part 84

When monday came around nobody was in a good mood. Yesterday had been perfect. They hung out with Gabe and Sam and they laughed at how oblivious they were about each other's feelings. All was perfect until they had to go to school again. Dean and castiel still hadn't talked about what they were and who would know. Cas did say that he didn't want people to find out yet, and Dean had agreed to that. He didn't want to hide Cas but it just had to for now. Dean and Sam had gone home yesterday and were now riding to school. Cas had agreed to meet them there. Since Gabe didn't have anything to do he would go to school at lunch. Dean knew that that was Sam's favourite part of the day. Dean pulled up to the school's parking lot and sat his 'baby' to a stop. He got out and was grinning from ear to ear when he saw Castiel waiting on him. He walked towards him and wanted to pull him into a hug before he saw Castiel taking a step back. Right. He couldn't do that... not at school. "Hey Cas." He said. "Hey Dean. Hey Sam" Sam waved him a hello before taking off to join his friends. Dean and Cas were left awkward. Cas turned around and Dean walked towards him. He tried to grab Cas's hand but Cas pushed the hand away. "Not here Dean. " Cas said. "Yeah, people might see." Dean said sarcastically. Cas came to a halt and so did Dean. "You know i'm not ready Dean. Please, not yet." Cas pleaded. Dean looked around and when he saw nobody he gave Cas a small pack on his lips before replying. "Yeah I know. I'm sorry. " Cas smiled and turned around and Dean followed. They walked into the school together and to each other's lockers before joining their friends. When the first bell rang, signaling that homeroom had started. Charlie, Dean and Cas made their way to their classroom.