Chapter 24

Part 70

"Hey, Where are Dean and Cas?" Sam asked after they watched the second star wars movie. "I don't know. " Gabe said, hiding a smirk. "I'll check on them." Sam said, standing up and walking to the door. Gabe jumped up and ran towards the door. He jumped in front of Sam and Sam was stunned in confusion. "Gabe, what are you doing?" Sam asked, voice steady. Gabe didn't exactly plan this and he just stood, frozen in the spot. Sam pushed him out of the way and opened the door. He walked out of it before Gabe could gather his thoughts. He snapped back into thoughts and ran towards Sam. "Sam please, just watch another movie." Gabe begged. Sam raised his eyebrow. "I don't know if you know me but saying things like that... It makes me all the more curious. Why can't I just check on Dean?" Sam said. He thought about it for about a minute, because Gabe didn't answer. Sam's face fell and he looked at the ground. "You and Dean got into a fight huh?" Sam asked, turning away from the door. Gabe didn't know what to say, except for not letting Sam leave like that. "Sam!" Gabe yelled, a little too loud for such a small place. "Me and Dean didn't get into a fight. I told you, Dean likes someone else... And so do... I" He said, it was now Gabe's turn to look at the ground. Before the conversation could get too serious for Gabriel, he shot back into his 'trickster' personality. "So... You wanted to see Dean?" Gabe asked. Sam nodded and walked towards the door. As much as Gabe wanted to protect Cas, he couldn't lie to Sam. Sam opened the door and his eyes widened at the sight. "Dean... And.... Cas? Dean likes your brother?" Sam asked. He couldn't believe it. Dean and... Cas. Since was Cas gay? He had girlfriends before, Sam knew that. But there he was, head on Dean's chest. It was adorable if it wasn't too shocking for Sam.

Part 71

Dean's dream was awesome. He was with Cas and they were alone. Totally alone. None of the judgy people Cas is afraid of and none of those people they love but sometimes want to kill. They were happy and free. It was short lived though, because Dean was abruptly pulled from his dreams by a certain big little brother. "Dean!" He yelled, Dean's eyes shot open. He wasn't supposed to know like this. Dean just wanted to tell him the old fashioned way. Cas deserved that. Shit! Cas. He didn't know Cas liked boys too. His mind wasn't focused on Sam on or himself. All his focus was suddenly on Cas. "Sam! Please leave. We'll explain later." Dean said in his still sleepy voice. "But... Dean!- " Sam began. "SAM!" Dean yelled. Sam and Gabe left the room and Gabe shot him an apologetic look. His face turned to Cas and to his surprise he saw that he still had his eyes closed. Something in Dean told him Cas wasn't asleep though. It was something about his heartbeat. They were still curled up together and with his raging heartbeat, Dean could feel and hear it perfectly. "Cas," Dean said, voice soft. His hand went to Cas's head and played with his hair. "They're gone. It's okay." Dean said. Cas's eyes opened and his head left Dean's chest before returning. "What am I going to do?" Cas asked, voice breaking once again. Dean could feel some wet points on his shirt and he reached out his hand to Cas. He took it and they intertwined their fingers. "I don't know. I know Sam accepts you, but you'll have to answer some questions." Dean said. He felt Cas's heartbeat steady and he let out a breath he didn't even knew he was holding. "No, I mean. What am I going to do? I freaked out Dean, as soon as Sam came in. I freaked out. What am I going to do?" He asked. Dean's heart hurt as he hurt Cas's words. "Are you ashamed?" Dean asked, and honestly, he was afraid to know the answer. Cas sighed. "I don't know."

Part 72

Cas sighed again, and pulled his head up again and this time he didn't return to Dean's chest. They moved so they were both leaning against headboard. Cas tried to look into Dean's eyes but Dean turned away. Dean was trying to hold back the tears, he had just got this. He wasn't ready to give this up yet, but he didn't want to go back into the closet. "I know what I feel, Dean." Cas said. His voice was so soft, Dean might think he had imaged the voice if it didn't continue. "I like you... a lot. And I... I want you." Dean looked at Cas and he couldn't hold back the tears. He wasn't the only one letting tears roll, Cas was also having some allergies. "I just... I don't know how to... come out. I know our friends are good people but what about the rest of the world Dean? A lot of them are judgy and racist. A lot of them are egoistic and a lot of them don't accept us. All I ever wanted to do was help people, and now I might cause them more trouble. I don't want to cause people trouble by liking someone, Dean." Dean felt his knuckled tighten when he heard about how Cas saw the world... And himself. "Cas. Yes the world is all those things. But the world is also beautiful. Sure those people are there. But let me insure you, the better part of the world is nice and accepting. And fuck those people who think you cause them trouble by liking me. You deserve to be happy. I'll help you, I promise. We'll do this together. But first, we have to go out of this room and confront Sammy. " Dean smiled and Cas smiled back. He seemed to do that a lot since he 'accepted' himself. Dean stood up from the bed and held out his hand for Cas to take it. They walked towards the door but Dean stopped and looked at Cas. Cas didn't know what was going on but he looked back. Dean leaned in and kissed Cas. It was just a peck on the lips but they both knew it was way more. Together they walked out of the room and walked toward Gabe's. 

A/N Thank you all so much for the 7 K reads. I love you all so much! <3

-Gloria