Chapter Eight

|Mónéy|

I laid on the dirty matress, placed on the floor by the window staring at the ceiling. I try and wrap my mind around how I got to this point in my life. Shit was real fucked up and all I wanted to do was run and get my big brother. I missed little CJ so much even though it was his punk ass dad who was holding me hostage. I wondered if Gwen was looking for me. Knowing her, she probably thought I was out with an imaginary nigga fucking or something.

My heart hurt due to the fact that she isn't looking for me. I listen to Remy and Chauncey watch the news daily, and not once did they say shit about a missing person. Maybe Gwen was in on this shit too. I don't put nothing pass NOBODY! I snuggled my knees up to my chest and let my mind wonder and before I knew it I was drifting off to sleep.

30 minutes later

The sound of a big boom and wailing woke me out of my sleep. I slowly sat up in bed and scanned around the room as the noise continued. After a few more minutes of hearing it I heard someone undo the locks on the door. I quickly laid back down on the bed and pretended to be asleep. If it wasn't Remy it was Chauncey and I ain't feel like dealing with neither one of them.

Once the locks were off the door I heard the wailing grow louder. My first instinct was that they'd kidnapped somebody else but that was erased from my mind once I saw Remy's frail body being thrown into the room.

"You dumb bitch, I told yo hoeing ass not to invite nobody here," Chauncey yelled as he stood over her. I did my best not to move as I watched him kick her in her stomach. Low-key I was loving it. That's what her fake ass get for switching up on me.

Remy squirmed and wailed as Chauncey stomped her in her stomach. Blood was everywhere and when Remy body went limp I jumped up. That seemed to snap Chauncey out of his trance as he looked at me breathing heavily.

He looked at Remy then walked out the room locking the door back. I sighed as I laid back on the bed. My life right now is fucked up and I have no one. It's like I matter to no one and it's eating at my soul. I looked at Remy lay on the floor and shook my head. I knew she was alive because she was breathing, she was just unconscious.

I close my eyes tightly and drifted off to sleep. My body was shutting down from me not eating and drinking water. But I refuse to eat or drink anything from these rat faced motherfucker. I made a note to myself to check on her, 'stab a bitch in the back to save my own ass' tail when I wake up as I turned my back to her.

___________

|Icy|

"Where that nigga Peanut at? Haven't seen that nigga inna lil minute since he got that lil pizza job and shit," Kree said as he took a seat in his red leather recliner. After I left Mónéy's school I went to her house, no luck there neither. I gave up and came to chill at Kree's spot.

"Man I don't know where his ass is. But I am proud that the lil nigga going on the straight and narrow, unlike us." Kree nodded his head before grabbing the remote and turned the tv on.

"Yea that's wadduhp, but look ain't Mónéy's mama funeral tomorrow?" I blew air from my mouth and ran a frustrated hand over my face. This whole situation was stressing me out. Mónéy's ass was M.I.A and this funeral was approaching quickly.

"Yea bruh, Mrs. Anna already told me she had everything handled. I wrote her a check and she 'pose to use that to pay fa the funeral G." Gwen's funeral had to be tomorrow morning because the funeral home could no longer keep her body.

"Yo but don't you think shawty should be there, I mean that is her mama." I was about to respond but a knock was sounded on the door.

Kree looked at the door then switched the T.V. to his surveillance cameras. He chuckled and hopped up once he seen it was his lil brother Peanut. He opened the door and Peanut held four boxes of pizza in his hands. I nodded my head and smirked as he walked into the den where I was.