Chapter Sixty-Eight

|Toni|

"I don't know about this, what if something goes wrong and the shit backfires on us. I can't afford to die. Who would look after Jeremiah then," I questioned the ringleader as I paced back and forth in the spacious bathroom. Today was the day of Chanel's gender reveal and also the day the ringleader and her brother decided to kidnap her and hold her for ransom. I had no doubt that Icy would give them the money for Chanel and his unborn but that still didn't stop the guilt that I felt. 

"Toni you're overreacting. We just gon' kidnap the pregnant bitch and get this money from Icy, ain't nobody gotta die," the ringleader assured me. I stopped pacing and leaned against the counter.

"I just feel so wrong, she has nothing to do with this. We can't, we can get Icy another way," I said trying to persuade the ringleader. I heard her sigh deeply before speaking into the phone.

"Do you seriously think that it's a good idea to piss me off? What you need to be worried about is the mail that's coming to Icy's house. Did you know that Danaë tested Jeremiah. I'm sure you already know what the results were," she taunted. I scoffed and looked around the bathroom.

"You're kidding me, right? That sneaky little bitch! Here I was thinking her ass wanted to spend time with my son, but the whole while she was swabbing his mouth," I snapped.

"Now you see that none of those dirty motherfuckers care about you. If you want we can kill two birds with one stone and kidnap that bratty sister of his also," the ringleader said. I thought about it for a moment before nodding my head.

"It's on! See you inna few," I said before hanging up. I looked up at the ceiling and closed my eyes. It was sad that it had to come to this but I needed to be with Icy. Any and everything that stood in my way of that, had to be eliminated. Jeremiah's low whining alerted me, I could've sworn he was with Viviana just a minute ago.

Opening the bathroom door, I stepped into the hall and peeped over the balcony. The whole scenery was beautiful, everything was white and the house smelled of lillies and lavender. When I heard Jeremiah's cries get louder, I walked to my bedroom where he was laying in the middle of the bed, wailing.

"Blah, blah, blah, stop it. Stop all'at crying man," I cooed as I cradled him in my arms. I grabbed his pacifier from the nightstand and headed towards Danaë's room. When I pushed the door open, I saw Viviana wrapped up in a blanket, while sitting in front of the fan eating shaved ice.

"Where's Danaë," I asked. I must've startled her because when she heard my voice, she jumped and quickly turned around.

"I don't know, I haven't seen her since yesterday. Chanel called Icy and told him she didn't come home last night. You think something happened to her," Viviana asked as she sat up in bed. I handed her Jeremiah, who she reluctantly took.

"Maybe, look I need you to look after him for a few hours," I said. She looked down at my baby before shaking her head.

"I can't, I need to get back home and sneak a change of clothes. I don't know where I'm going after that," she said smartly.

"You can stay here. I have a few errands to run plus I have a doctors appointment to go to inna few," I lied. She shrugged her shoulders and shook her head.

"Kids aren't allowed at a doctor's appointment," she asked as she got out of bed. I sighed deeply and looked her over.

"No, they aren't. Look just watch him, I'll pay you fifty dollars," I reasoned.

"Eighty!"

"Sixty-five."

"A dub," she said as she held her hand out. I snarled at her before going into my bra and pulling a hundred dollars out.