Chapter Fifty-Four

|Toni|

I shook my head as I watched Icy's baby sister run after one of his workers. I could tell from the looks of things that baby girl wasn't going to have that pretty face when she wakes up tomorrow morning. I slid the bowl of macadamia nuts closer to me as I scooped the packed club out. My brother hadn't showed up yet and my patience was running out. Mónéy was having the time of her life, and Icy was nowhere to be found. That clearly wasn't a good thing.

"Can I get you some more nuts," the bartender asked. I nodded my head and pushed my bowl her way. She disappeared to the other end of the bar with my bowl.

"Hey girly," Mona squealed excitedly. I frowned at her before waving at her dryly.

"Why you so happy," I asked with an attitude. She smacked her lips and playfully pushed my arm. I rolled my eyes as she pulled a tiny piece of paper out of her bra. She held it up in my face, like it was a magnifying glass.

"Look what I got bitch," she yelled.

"I can't see shit, with you moving around. And why do you gotta have it so close in my face," I said snatching the piece of paper out of her hand. I read over the number that was scribbled on it and looked at the name that was located at the bottom of the paper. I twisted my lips up and slid the paper back to her.

"Unh-uh why you looking like that," she asked offended.

"Because what happened to I ain't never taking his ass back. Fuck him and the bitches he sleeping with. I hope his dick fall off. He had a baby dick anyways. What happened to that," I asked her. She rolled her eyes and snatched the paper off the counter.

"Look don't worry about that. Me and Kree are compatible," she stated matter of factly. I burst into laughter right in her face. Mona was, is and will always, be a fool for Kree's stupid ass. Kree was a dying hoe, and he didn't deserve a good person like Mona. Kree and I had a little fling a while back, but I would never tell her that. I would hate to see my step sister hurt because of something I did.

"What's the definition of compatible? No scratch that, spell compatible," I teased. She stale faced me before walking off. Poor thing fell for anything these days. The bartender returned with my bowl of nuts and berries and slid them in front of me. I grabbed my ringing phone and placed it to my ear.

"Where are you," I asked annoyed.

"Well damn, hello to Toni," a familiar cracking voice said through the phone. I took the phone from my ear and looked at the blocked number. This old bitch was smarter than I thought.

"Why are you calling my phone," I snapped. The boss was getting help from someone, because there was no way, she could move around the way she was doing. I scanned around the club, hoping to see my brother approach me. I didn't put anything pass her old ass. She was a savage at getting anybody killed.

"Oh I just called to check up on you. I hear you having a little baby. I also know that it was you who put my granddaughter up to throwing me in that nursing home. You dirty little bitch. Do you think I was really going to stay in there and rot, while you have all the fun? No ma'am, no ham," she said. I rolled my eyes and dug my hands in my nut bowl.

"Shouldn't yo old ass be sleep somewhere. Senior citizens bedtime was three hours ago. You don't scare me grams. The most harm you can do to me is hit me with a fly swatter or a newspaper, that's it. Now don't call my phone anymore. Worry about spending that retirement check on some nice dentures," I said before hanging up. I laughed at my own joke and continued eating my berries and nuts.

"You a little too fine, to be sitting here by yourself. Would you like some company," a familiar voice called from behind me. I squinted my eyes and slowly turned around. I frowned once I realized it was only the ringleader's brother.