Chapter Thirty-Two

|Danaë|

"Let me take you out." Peanut whispered in my ear as I sat at the kitchen table with an attitude. I smacked my lips and mugged him. If he thought I was about to go on a date with a dope boy then he had life and bullshit mixed up. I chuckled lowly and continued watching Ellen.

"Damn what's with the attitude, I'm trynna take you on a date. Like a real date or some shit like that. We ain't gotta go to Rally's, unless you want to," he said. I scoffed and folded my arms across my chest. He smacked his lips and stuck his hands in his pockets. I ignored him until he placed a stack of hundreds in front of me. I looked at the money and then back at him.

"Anthony what is this?"

"Money, what it look like," he replied. I wanted to smack the shit out of him but I just took a deep breath. He was treating me like I was a dummy or something.

"I know it's money Peanut, I just wanna know where you get it from. And don't sit up here and tell me that pizza job you got is the reason you have all this money, because then I'll know you lying." He sighed and ran his hand through his curly hair, he reminded me of Lucas Coly. I knew I probably was getting on his nerves but I didn't care. I looked at the kitchen doorway hoping no one would walk through it. Even though Mónéy was gone, Chanel was sleeping, and Icy probably was getting bopped off by that Toni chick, anyone of them were bound to walk in.

"C'mon Nae, now you know I can't tell you that. The less you know the better," he stated. I looked at him for a while studying his face.

"Fine, I won't bug you about it no more. Just know you can forget about taking me on a date. I refuse to get involve with you, when you living a lifestyle that I vowed to stay away from." Peanut stood up from the table and threw his hands in the air.

"You know what, fuck it. I don't see why you mad anyways, it ain't like you my girl. Damn you tripping for no reason. I thought you'd be happy that I got enough money to buy you nice shit, fuck. I go to school in hopes that I might see you there, but then you complain to yo hoe of a friend, about how I ain't shit because I got a legit job. Now I'm out here getting money and you wanna question me on how I got it. What the fuck you want from me Danaë," he said raising his voice. I took a deep breath to avoid arguing with this fool. When I'm around Peanut I have to take a lot of deep breaths.

"Nothing, I don't want nothing from you Anthony," I whispered but he heard me. He looked at me and grabbed his keys. "Do you mind if I get my phone out your car. I wouldn't want the cops to confiscate it when they pull you over." He smacked his lips at me.

"So you wishing bad luck on a real nigga?" I ignored him and walked to the door. I placed my hand on the door and before I could open it Peanut pulled me into his embrace. My heart stopped and I tried to control my breathing but it was no use. He kissed my neck and before I could really get into it he stopped and opened the door. My eyes fluttered opened when I heard Icy's voice.

"Fuck is y'all doing," Icy growled. I moved away from Peanut and he moved a few steps from me. Icy looked from me to Peanut with a mug on his face. Toni walked in the house with a smirk on her face.

"Oh, I guess we aren't the only ones trying to make a baby. Looks like the babies are trying to make the sperm meet the egg. I'll meet you upstairs, don't make me wait to long," she purred before disappearing upstairs. I rolled my eyes at her before turning around to a pissed off Icy.

"Both of y'all sit the fuck down before I catch a case in this bitch," he growled. I quickly made my way to the sofa with Peanut right on my tail. He sat right next to me, and I scooted over to make a reasonable amount of room in between us so Icy wouldn't trip. We were both fumbling around with our hands nervously while Icy took a seat on the couch across from us.